The Fiancée Farce: the perfect steamy sapphic rom-com

The Fiancée Farce: the perfect steamy sapphic rom-com

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not justifying Lucy's actions; she was definitely wrong in whatever she did. Also, I know that it was necessary for the plot, but she was written as a token character who betrays in the end—really forced. Another fact that I hated about Gemma is when Tansy said no to the friends-with-benefits thing, only then Gemma (who doesn't do serious relationships) suddenly realized that she likes Tansy more than just friends. Before then, she just wanted to sleep with her. That was her only motive, literally. And Tansy, oh so kind and naïve, didn't even question it and went with it. How? In what logical mind does anyone think this is okay? Tansy only liked Gemma because she was giving her the attention and care no one else did her entire life, and not because she loved her. And Gemma only liked Tansy because she stood up for her in an interview once, and not because she actually loved her. Oh, also, Gemma didn't even tell her mother that she is going to marry Tansy. The mother she cared about most in the world, lol. What was this book trying to do? It was just beyond me. All of this was extremely unrealistic to me. The amount of sexy moments that were interrupted??? PAIN. There was only one sex scene, but it was hot and I loved the mirror! This book should really not be taken too seriously as the start of the fauxmance is a bit ridiculous (they are engaged after barely speaking to each other), both families (including their drama) have a high soap opera vibe and the conflict is pretty over the top, and yes the romance is also rather cheesy. So, now you know what you’re in for if you decide to read this book.

This book is really over the top and cheesy/corny. I liked parts of it but I didn’t like a lot as well. Tansy and Gemma were an absolute delight and I loved them as individuals and as a couple. It’s everything else that needed work.I'm gonna have to sit on it, but I think this might be my favourite book by Bellefleur so far - she really keeps getting better and better. My only criticism is really that I found the ending to be a bit too over the top for me personally, and it isn't as steamy as some of her other books, so it's not quite in that 4.5-5 star range for me, but it's very close. P.S. I really can’t believe Gemma was going to give Tansy that much money lmao I guess I haven’t been properly baptized in the waters of billionaire romances because the look on my face when she followed the number 6 with MILLION.

I’ll be honest, not much is plausible in this story. That said, how plausible are most romcoms? It all comes down to whether the interactions between the main characters work and for me, they did. I loved Tansy and Gemma, both as individuals struggling with their very different but as difficult families and trying to do the right thing in their work life, and as a couple. The banter, the shifts in strength and support, the fondness, I liked it all. So, before I get into the real reason I hate this book, let's discuss why I didn't like Tansy and Gemma, the main characters. I don't know what it was with the two of them, but the fake engagement (I didn't get to the marriage part) felt *way* too forced. The fake love they were trying to portray to me read as too much and too cheesy. And also can I just say, Gemma felt like she was not the type of person to express much outward love in the 36% I read. As for Tansy, uh I didn't like her. She has anxiety, so I should feel for her since I too have anxiety, right? Wrong. Other people probably relate to her, but I didn't. Not one bit. I'm not sure exactly what I didn't like about her anxiety, but it felt like she shrunk into herself whenever she was around Katherine (her stepmother) and never tried to defend herself. Once again, this is probably a personal thing, but I was not a fan of Tansy. If you loved Tansy and Gemma, good! I'm glad people love them, but I didn't. Thank you to the eARC deities who granted me the ability to be able to read this book in advance. *blows kisses* One thing that I always appreciate about Bellefleur's romances are that the third act conflict/breakup never really feels forced. The characters' motivations and reasons for having this conflict feel realistic and logical given their circumstances, and it isn't just thrown in there just for the sake of having one.The things I want to do to you, the power you could wield over me, Tansy. You have no idea. I’d worship you, if you’d let me.” Saying that I adored WITS and I loved this, and like the others you will catch me re reading it like 500 times. But as Tansy and Gemma play the role of affectionate fiancées, unexpected sparks start to fly and suddenly the line between convenient arrangement and real feelings begins to blur... But the scheming Van Dalen family won't give up the company without a fight, and Gemma and Tansy's newfound happiness might just get caught in the fallout. Rep: Tansy (MC) is bisexual, Gemma (MC) is bisexual, other queer side characters. Zero POC though. Honestly, at this point I don't get why AB doesn't include POC. It's Seattle - there are POC in Seattle!!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop