Continental Ride Tour Replacement Bike Tire - Extra Puncture Protection, E-Bike Rated City/Trekking Bicycle Tire (12", 16", 20", 24", 26", 27", 28", 700c)

£4.635
FREE Shipping

Continental Ride Tour Replacement Bike Tire - Extra Puncture Protection, E-Bike Rated City/Trekking Bicycle Tire (12", 16", 20", 24", 26", 27", 28", 700c)

RRP: £9.27
Price: £4.635
£4.635 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

So let’s take a look at the second most important decision making tool we can use when shopping online, price. Whether your goal is to just get the cheapest Bike Tyres available, or to get the best quality at a reasonable price, there’s always going to be a need to do your research on price. Continental RIDE Tour 700c Tyre price analysis For road.cc readers (and writers), the Touring Plus will suit some bikes... but not the kind of bike that you would ordinarily fit with 24mm tyres. In 42mm on an urban dreadnought like a Pashley Roadster? Sure. In 35mm on a short-hop folding bike (if such a size were produced)? No problem. The RIDE Tour offers everything a real all-round tyre needs. A tread for every intended surface, the obligatory breakdown protection belt and a high mileage compound ensure the RIDE Tour is a trusted companion on your regular rides. Available in a very wide range of sizes making it an ideal workshop tyre for bike shops to service a variety of different bicycle types.

Use the tyre chooser below to help find the perfect Continental hybrid bike tyre for your riding style and budget. These clincher tyres are designed for different types of cycling from commuting to touring. Continental tyres are available with different levels of puncture protection with a safety level of 7 offering the most protection.

About Klarna

The Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the heaviest of the tires I tested. It’s regarded by many as the best commuter tire for its excellent puncture resistance. You want to leave at least 4mm clearance between your frame and tyres to prevent rub and allow for mud clearance. I was surprised to see that the Schwalbe Marathon has a better pattern and offers better off-road riding than the Marathon Plus. In my opinion, this would make more sense the other way around. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and try to strike the right balance yet appeal to a different type of user. The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%. Specifications

Considering the overall performance and the price of these tires, they deserve the following points for value: I was curious to see if and how much the weight of these tires affected their speed. I tested this on a local hill. All of these tires are made for commuting and touring, where nimbleness is not such a high priority as it is on racing bikes. I felt that lighter tires are more responsive and make handling the bike just a bit faster. Agility is another, much more important factor to consider than speed because it’s clearly noticeable as you switch between tires. I didn’t find an empirical way to measure this, so it’s based on perception. Here, the weight comes into play a great deal. I rode the same bike with the exact same setup on the same hill three times. I measured the time it took to get both up and down and averaged them out. On the way down I didn’t pedal at all, but I let gravity take care of the speed.I've fitted Marathon Plus tyres with nothing more than my fingers and thumbs, albeit in wider sizes. (I remember struggling to fit a 700x25 M+ too.) Plus-style springy rubber under the tread makes any tyre harder to manipulate. The narrower the tyre, the less malleable it is. It's good that the Touring Plus is virtually impregnable, because you'd have a real fight on your hands trying to change a tube at the roadside with winter-chilled hands. Finance is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. Performance Cycling Limited FRN: 720557 trading as Tredz are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker not a lender – credit is subject to status and affordability and is provided by Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC. Terms & Conditions Apply.

Weight is an essential aspect for many riders who want their bike to be as light as possible. Since these tires are in the commuter range and have at least some puncture protection, they will not be as light as racing tires, where each gram counts. In my view, a heavy tire is not a huge penalty on a commuter bike, which needs to be functional, comfortable, and durable. mm is the best tire width for commuting because it offers sufficient cushioning, so it absorbs the road buzz, and it’s not too bulky to slow you down because of its excessive weight. Electric bikes built for everything and priced for everyone. Shop Rad Power Bikes, America's #1 electric bike brand. Get out. Go further. Ride Rad. For superb durability, reliability, and puncture resistance in your commuting/touring/trekking endeavors, choose the Continental Ride Tour Tire. The super-durable tread compound is ideal for putting in plenty of miles while its tread pattern ensures low rolling resistance for straight-line speed while the edges deliver ample traction in wet conditions or on dirt roads. A puncture-resistant belt helps reduce the occurrence of flats, particularly of importance when venturing out on rougher surfaces, and a wide variety of size options ensures there's a Ride Tour tire for your bike. Even when you handle the tires off the bike, you will notice how heavy the Marathon Plus is, but of course, this comes with the great benefit of very high protection.All of these tires have reflective sidewalls, which make them stand out at night and are very safe to ride at night. Every commuter bike needs to have these, in my opinion. On a road bike or audax bike, you're trading away everything – weight, feel, speed, roadbikeyness – for reliability. Before purchasing, be sure that's what you want to do. There are less tough tyres that, for me and you, are a better compromise. If you want a really tough 25-28mm tyre that rolls reasonably well, try Schwalbe's Durano Plus. If you want a reasonably tough tyre that rolls really well, try the Michelin Pro4 Endurance. Verdict Weight: 540g (700c | 28mm), 690g (700c | 35mm), 790g (700c | 42mm), 900g (700c | 47mm), 660g (27" | 1-1/4")

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop