A Funny Life: The Sunday Times Bestseller

A Funny Life: The Sunday Times Bestseller

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There were things I would have loved more on -- surely more goes into the making of a TV show than was discussed? Laugh along with Michael McIntyre as he lifts the curtain on his life in his revealing autobiography.

I have been enjoying Michael McIntyre’s work for many years and saw him live in Cardiff back in 2018. To some degree I take the point about musicians doing new stuff – but by the same token, we love concerts to hear the music we already know.It's all here, from his disastrous panel show appearances to his hit TV shows, from mistakenly thinking he'd be a good chat show host and talent judge, to finding fame and fortune beyond his wildest dreams and becoming the biggest-selling comedian in the world. Perhaps he covered all this in his earlier one, though he says at the start that you don't need to have read that to read this. In A Funny Life , Michael honestly and hilariously shares the highs and the lows of his rise to the top and desperate attempts to stay there.

Being such a huge fan of Michael over the years it was wonderful to see behind the curtain of his famous jokes, amazing performances and shows that I love so much. I downloaded this as an audible book (which McIntyre narrated himself) and found it to be a really enjoyable experience where the comedic timing shone through! He discusses these charity concerts/galas in a throwaway sentence -- I would have loved to know more about that process.

If you liked the first book, you'll definitely love this too - life, love and laughs with Britain's best-loved comedian. The voice and acting of his agent Addison not only made me feel my life was lesser for never knowing the man, but also made me feel so happy whenever he turned up or rang up. He is brilliant at narrating, using different voices for impersonating people, and it really feels as though he is sitting with you chatting, as now and again he interrupts the narrative with off the cuff remarks and asides. He holds the record for highest-selling artist at London's The O2, the UK's biggest arena, after twenty-eight sold-out shows.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop