Discarded Banana Peel Rum - Bottle, 70cl

Discarded Banana Peel Rum - Bottle, 70cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Not converned with SG. Just looking to ferment up til it stops and then run through one of my stills. So you probably all know and love Balvenie’s signature rummy whisky, which the Speyside distillery makes by seasoning its own American oak casks for six months with a rum specially developed for this purpose. Cool, right? That rum is completely unique, but what happens to all that Balvenie-influenced rum they take out of the cask to make room for whisky? It's currently fermenting right now and smells pretty spectacular. Once it's run (and probably rerun again), I plan on aging it in 1 quart jars on pieces of banana and quartered vanilla bean. I'm currently undecided over whether to use caramel to color, or uncharred oak chips. I hear these things have violent ferments. Hopefully, I left enough room for it to bubble and foam and it will not make a mess. I'll put it downstairs in the laundryroom next to the furnace where it's about 76 deg F most of the time.

My wife came to me about a month ago, and says "When are you going to make something that I like?". She's not at all a Whiskey drinker, and generally gravitates toward "sweeter" drinks. Champions of the ethical spirit, Discarded is constantly seeking new ways to innovate and reuse ingredients that would otherwise go to waste. But I did see them on a show that featured freeganism. They followed some folks one night as they foraged the dumpsters of San Francisco. At the local veggie stand, they found 50 pounds of bananas that only had a few spots on them. the store owner can't sell them as people will only buy bananas that are green or bright yellow.

Add brown sugar and molasses to fermenter, and heat up 4 gallons of water so its hot enough to dissolve the molasses and brown sugar. Ingredients ( I wound up making nearly an 18 gallon batch with this that sits in 3 - 6 gallon fermenters )

So I started researching rums recipes a bit, and came up with a recipe for a Banana Rum. She got really excited over it, so I hope it comes out well. This is my first recipe design (and first rum for that matter), and I welcome experienced advice to improve on it.

Banana colada spritz

Mash up Bananas to a liquid. Add bananas to fermenter and mix in well. We have a pretty old school 20s/30s kitchen, so I wound up digging in with my bare hands. Food processor or blender would be good if you have it. Add bananas to fermenter

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop