Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies Eau De Toilette, 100 ml

Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies Eau De Toilette, 100 ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Diamonds and Rubies is most at home during the cooler months of fall and winter, where its spicy and warm notes can truly shine. It might be a bit too heavy during the summer months, but some might appreciate its bold character during a cooler evening. It's not my favourite ET scent. I only have three: Diamonds & Emeralds and Diamonds & Sapphires being the other two, and Diamonds & Emeralds is my favourite. It's a wonderful tuberose/white floral bouquet, similar to Madonnas Truth or Dare, but better. The opening of Diamonds and Sapphiresbegins with mouth-watering juices of melon and peach brightened with lily-of-the-valley and freesia. Tropical flowers of ylang-ylang and jasmine blended together with a zingy accord of rhubarb give the heart a fruity-green tingle. Vetiver, warming amber and balsamic sweetness of sandalwood provide a luxurious base. Silage is: I am having a good time....come closer and be merry too!" -- Longevity is: "Spicy and loud for about 3+ hours, then it's a closer to the skin amber/almond wood cozy sweater." It's a winter-wonderland scent in a bottle, the price-quality ratio is so good it warrants a try. The fate of the Nga Mauk Ruby has been a mystery ever since, inspiring heavily researched books, documentaries, trips through archives, and countless articles. There are many prospects within the British Crown Jewels that could be the Nga Mauk Ruby, but without more access and confirmation, we may never know.

Iconic Hollywood star and celebrity, Elizabeth Taylor was one of the most beautiful and talented actresses in the industry. The best Elizabeth Taylor perfumes create a mysterious aura of sensuality and allure, bringing out the attraction in every woman. Every fragrance is also beautifully presented in a majestic-looking bottle that is, no doubt destined to become collectable in the years to come.

Upon the first encounter with Diamonds and Rubies by Elizabeth Taylor, you are greeted by a crisp, fruity note of peach, punctuated with the classic, deep aroma of red rose. The presence of lilac adds a subtle, light floral undertone, effectively ushering the nose into this wonderfully crafted scent journey. I bought this a while ago and never gave it a proper review, well, today I wore it for the first time and I can say I like it. I don't love it, but perhaps it will grow on me? The first spray is quite harsh and a bit sharp, then it smells --what I can only describe as-- "boozy". The peach combined with the spice notes give it a smell that reminds me very much of Glühwein, but this only lasts for a little while on me. A rich, sensual scent has strong sillage and longevity of 6+ hours. Suitable for colder autumn and winter months the fragrance can be worn day or evening and is perfect for special occasions. Passionwas the first fragrance launched by the House of Taylor in 1987, a year later winning Elizabeth a Fifi Award. But the 1991 release of White Diamondswas the real turning-point, catapulting the collection onto the full glare of the spotlight.

A painting by Saya Chone depicting the royal procession of King Thibaw and family leaving Mandalay. Lasting 4 to 5 hours with a moderate sillage, the Eau de Toilette creates an intimate aura, evoking sensuality and tenderness. Uncovered in the 1950s in East Africa, the Liberty Bell Ruby is a sculptural piece crafted from the world’s largest mined ruby weighing four pounds and 8,500 carats. The massive ruby was sculpted into a miniature form of the Liberty Bell in 1976 to celebrate the United States Bicentennial. A Beverly Hills based jewelry company commissioned sculptor Alfonso de Vivanco to create the piece with an additional 50 diamonds set in it. In a special feat, craftsmen created ruby-encrusted slippers for the king using raw-cut, polished rubies all along the outside of the slippers that featured a genie-like curl to the toes. King Thibaw also had a pair of slippers created for his queen, with rubies surrounding the sides of the soles. The reflection of late autumn sunlight on yet unfallen leaves, mixed shades of gold, like flames dancing in a burning fireplace. It is the comfort of coming home to find a loved one waiting with a warm blanket to wrap around you, keeping you safe, secure, loved. If there's one celebrity whose whole essence I'd love to bottle, it's the wonderfully singular Elzabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies. I wish more celebrities of her ilk would try their hands at this genre.

This very distinctive, timeless fragrance is perfect for late autumn and winter evenings. The sillage and staying power are moderate to long-lasting, giving 4-5 hours of pleasant wear. The woody, musky base of sandalwood and musk brings comforting warmth. Patchouli and amber notes add a dash of earthiness. The fragrance settles down to an overwhelmingly beautiful aroma of flowers and gentle woods. King Thibaw posing during the height of his reign wearing clothes that would often be encrusted with jewels.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop