The B.I.B.L.E. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

£7.315
FREE Shipping

The B.I.B.L.E. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

RRP: £14.63
Price: £7.315
£7.315 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Written in the voice of a trusted friend, this book gently challenges pastors to rethink the “attractional” church model in favor of an explicitly biblical approach that is gospel focused, grace based, and fruit oriented. In biblical times, many people chose to worship false gods of their own making. We see the same thing today. As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him (1st John chapter 2 verse 27). I am always intrigued by some of the conversations that take place as you move an inch at a time toward the food. You find yourself talking to people in front of you and behind you. Sometimes, random people will visit everyone standing in line. So, where does one look for insight into what is to come in the world we live in? Over the years, I have learned the Bible has the answers to what I can expect in the days to come. The Bible instructs me on what I need to do to prepare. I can never say I wasn’t told because the Bible has the answers.

According to the Bible, only the gospel is the power for salvation (Rom. 1:16). We must stop treating the gospel as though it were power enough for a conversion experience but falls short of empowering all the practical matters of faith that come after. The Bible is alive and active, as Scripture states above. You will find answers to many questions, and now more than ever, we need the truth to guide us through the weeks and months to come. In 2 Corinthians 1:20, Paul tells us that all the biblical promises "find their Yes in him." The book of Hebrews is a great sustained example of this truth, showing us how all that led up to Christ was preaching Christ from the shadows, as it were, even reminding us that the mighty acts of the great heroes of the Old Testament were not about themselves but about acting "by faith" in the promise of the Christ to come.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

As I moved through the line, I couldn’t help but think about what he said. How true is that statement? After all, when I read the Bible, I find many instructions on how to live life. I also see lots of encouragement, advice, and warnings on how to live this life. What’s equally fascinating is it applicable to everyone. As I have established, the Bible provides the basis and framework and the Holy Spirit the filling/body. What is our role in all of this?

One night on the way home from small group, I listened to the guy on the local Christian radio station give a ten-minute presentation of what he had learned in church the previous day. It all boiled down to an appeal to make Jesus, in his words, our "role model." It was all very nice and inspirational. It is this Spirit that will indwell us and teach us how to live, give us guidance and show us how to interpret the Bible. Together, both are a wholesome synergy. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come (St. John chapter 16 verse 13).

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words (Romans chapter 8 verse 26). The good news of the gospel is so much better than the instructions! It is better because the news actually saves us. The gospel is the ministry of righteousness because it announces not just the blank slate of sins wiped out but the full credit of Christ's perfect obedience credited to us! The Power of Salvation If the Bible is our Basic instructions before leaving earth, providing a framework/foundation for daily living, what serves as the filling/body of that basic framework/foundation? His constant presence is a gift in itself. As Jesus ascended, he promised us this comforter and it would be difficult to live a Christian life without the Holy Spirit. Do you take the last spoonful of mashed potatoes, knowing the 50 people still in line are left with stuffing and scalloped potatoes? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop