Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Classic Board Books)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Then, things start to go crazy and odd things start happening, like an entire day of just gargonzola cheese and eventually a "tomato tornado" and the poor sanitation department could no longer keep up. In fact, Ron Barrett's detailed engraving-style illustrations were very reminiscent of Stamaty's artwork. It aims for laughs and gets them -- through sight gags for both kids and adults, the deadpan tones of an old-style weather forecast ("Dinner one night consisted of lamb chops, becoming heavy at times, with occasional ketchup"), and the sheer preposterousness of events.

Continue reading aloud and be sure to monitor students' discussions as they determine what information to include. Hamburgers fall from the sky, as do scrambled eggs (with a side of toast) as do cherry pie and, you guessed it, meatballs.That being the case, you can imagine what the prospect of a world where such delights fell from the sky and were all mine for the taking would do to me. If additional support is needed, use the previous summarizing lesson plans, and use different books. Explain to students that they are going to read a funny story that has to do with unbelievable weather. Unlike most Dreamworks animations, the characters are fully developed and rounded without the need for countless A-list celebrity voice-overs.

This book uses such fun language to describe weather effects, like drizzle, clearings, and downpour. To assess whether students have learned how to summarize an entire story, ask each student to use his or her book to give you a summary of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Guide groups to summarize their part of the story in one or two sentences including only the most important points. Ron Barrett’s illustrations are extremely creative and gorgeous, especially when he illustrates the actual family’s life in black and white while the illustrations of the town of Chewandswallow is shown fully in color, which truly brings out the creativity of the make believe town. Before long, the Sanitation department service had to cease operation as they were unable to handle the continuous deluge of oversized, unappetizing food.I also love the illustrations of the different kinds of food that falls from the sky, especially of the images of a dozen hamburgers falling from a storm cloud as it looked quite unusual. Bill Nye the Science Guy aired in 1993; in addition, the Commodore Educator 64 was discontinued in 1994, and a Live Corp scientist is seen using one in the show. A local scientist is often regarded as a failure until he invents a machine that can make food fall from the sky. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs took me by surprise, I went into the cinema expecting an average computer generated movie incomparable with today's best of the genre and came out astonished by the sheer creativity oozing from every aspect of the film. These are books I keep at my house - not theirs - and they won't get them until they (maybe) have children to read them to.

Judi Barrett has certainly done an excellent job at writing this story as it is full of creativity and excitement! Another disaster was a colossal pancake and syrup storm, during which a gigantic pancake covered the whole school and was impossible to remove, leading the school to be permanently closed. Receiving a place on the prestigious New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Books of the Year list, this book skillfully and subtly blends funny storytelling and full-color illustrations with a very real twist about how weather can affect people's environments. The lengthy text rambles at times, which can be a problem for some younger listeners, but the funny story and detailed illustrations will hold most kids' interest. CBS All Access Adding Children's Programming; 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs', 'Danger Mouse', 'Inspector Gadget' Among Content".The tiny town of Chewandswallow was very much like any other tiny town—except for its weather which came three times a day, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only bad part about living in ChewandSwallow is that the people don't get their choice of what they'd like to fall from the sky: it may snow mashed potatoes, or rain juice or soup, or there might even be a storm of hamburgers that takes them by surprise.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop