Come Up and See Me Sometime: Stories

Come Up and See Me Sometime: Stories

RRP: £9.88
Price: £4.94
£4.94 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Watkins: It became something that the moralists in the country decided had to be stamped out in some way, or at least contained.

Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St. Ives, New South Wales, Australia: Australian Chart Books. p.133. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. There's this idea that Hollywood is like a hypodermic needle and it's injecting violence and immorality into the youth of America. West: ♪ My old flame ♪ ♪ I can't even think of his name ♪ I told them, I said, 'Now I want Duke Ellington in this picture.' Hamilton: So after 1934 you have much more intensified scrutiny of all films, but West's in particular. Judge: By virtue of the solemn promise you have here made one to another, I hereby pronounce you man and wife.Come Up and See Me Sometime” was written by Arthur Swanstrom and Louis Alter for Paramount’s 1933 musical comedy Take a Chance, based on the stage play of the same name. The movie apparently inherited little from the play other than a couple of songs, but it augmented what it did borrow with other, more memorable songs, including the perennial “It’s Only a Paper Moon.”“Come Up and See Me Sometime” is introduced by actress Lillian Roth, who sings it while performing a burlesque act. The title of the song presumably derives from a suggestive catchphrase of Mae West’s, which originally took the form “Why don’t you come up sometime and see me?” (in She Done Him Wrong [1933]), but which soon became the rhythmically preferable “Come up and see me sometime” (as it occurs in I’m No Angel [1933]). It made such an impression on me that when I went home I start thinking about it, and I said, 'What on Earth am I thinking about this two dollar tramp for?' AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs Nominees" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on April 17, 2015 . Retrieved August 20, 2016.

In her third movie, 'Belle of the Nineties,' she has enough clout to finally get the studio to hire Duke Ellington and his Orchestra. However, the phrase come up and see me sometime did appear in I’m No Angel, a film released later in 1933, also starring Mae West and Cary Grant—this is the passage in which Tira, interpreted by Mae West, uses the phrase:a b c Watts, Peter (January 2012). "The Making of... Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)". Uncut: 24. And she said, 'Out of all the films I made, that's the one that is most remembered and probably my least favorite.'

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop