Escape from Kabul: The Inside Story

Escape from Kabul: The Inside Story

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Did you have any sense from them that they are different, a different ideology, that there are still—obviously, there is somebody who—I mean, they just closed down a bunch of schools again, I think, last week. Whether or not it would happen on quite so quick of a timeline, I think that surprised just about everybody to include the Biden administration and I think the chaos you see at the airport is the result of the Biden administration’s surprise because they were very much counting on there being a decent interval from the pullout of American troops to the final end game between the Taliban and the Afghan government. In terms of the State Department, we spoke with the acting ambassador at the time and we looked at the State Department’s story. And we also have many of our Afghan allies who got out of Afghanistan but have not gotten to the United States and are in countries that are not quite as sympathetic to their plight as we might be in the U. He served for several years as an Officer in the British Parachute Regiment, including an operational deployment to Afghanistan, where he fought Taliban insurgents in Helmand.

Escape From Kabul: The Inside Story by Levison Wood and

In addition, Congress has established a commission to examine the whole twenty-year experience in Afghanistan in all its dimensions. The whole writing of the script and story which was almost accurate was very good, the way the documentary was made it was brilliant and I believe the credit goes to everyone involved but specially The Production and The Producers which made so much effort for collecting and analysing the data.Jamie, I want to start with you and ask sort of the—you know, a technical film about the documentary, part of the power of it was the recordings off of people’s film—phones, that that somehow showed the chaos, and there was a moment where I thought this could have been even worse than it was. You know, during—particularly during those last two weeks of August, I think just about everybody I knew who had either, you know, served in Afghanistan in uniform, worked there as a journalist or as an activist was in some way, shape, or form trying to get out Afghan interpreters or Afghans who had worked for the government or for our government. But, you know, as I said earlier, I mean, even if there had been that decision you would have had different kind of planning that would have been put in place. It is accepted by you that Daunt Books has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance.

Escape from Kabul (2022) - IMDb Escape from Kabul (2022) - IMDb

and its army shocked the world, as a resurgent Taliban gathered its forces and swept across the country. We live in a world where it’s very hard to make sense of an increasingly complex information landscape, increasingly complex and fragmented political landscape,” said Dan Reed ( Leaving Neverland, In the Shadow of 9/11), a producer on the film.Our all-volunteer military will fight this war and we will pay through it through our national deficit.

Escape From Kabul” Preview Screening and Discussion of “Escape From Kabul”

Now, we could talk a little bit if you want to at some point about, you know, what could you have done if you had predicted that this was going to happen. I mean, you could have reinforced the airport in ways that just never seemed to be on the table for the administration and change the dynamic in Afghanistan in those months.The film ends with a chilling postscript: as of July 2022, the UN confirmed numerous systemic human rights abuses, particularly against women, under the Taliban. So the—and the effort got pretty large, and in my own case the Afghans whose cases, I think that I was working on, you know, at first were ones that I knew but very quickly went outside of the purview of people that I knew and we were making lists and manifests for flights, you know, and it was very much sort of—we talk about Taliban 2.

Escape from Kabul by Levison Wood, Geraint Jones - Waterstones

Hachette Australia acknowledges and pays our respects to the past, present and future Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Was there an attempt by you at the start to go any—to senior ranking people in the Department of Defense or in the Marine Corps even of itself? One thing I would just—I think it’s sort of just culturally maybe germane to bring up, and Jamie and I were talking a little bit about this before the session started, is—and maybe why the Marines want their story told—is, you know, these wars have been waged increasingly out of sight for most of America.These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. I mean, it was the sort of the—you know, the problem with this kind of analysis and projection is that it’s always easier to predict a continuation of a trajectory that you’re on than a dramatic change to that trajectory. But there was definitely a lot of frustration with, I think, the Biden administration, the situation they were put in, and maybe also the credit that they were given or not given.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop