Amouage Beloved Man Eau de Parfum, 100 ml

Amouage Beloved Man Eau de Parfum, 100 ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Comparing Beloved to some disgner perfumes is Sacrileg since this has the Amouge signature all around it. I could see both fragrances working well in similar circumstances: Summer weddings, seaside brunches, any situation that requires a finish touch of casual elegance.

As it begins to dry on the skin a beautiful saffron note, highlighted by patchouli, jasmine and geranium is revealed. What was interesting in reading the largely critical reviews on Fragrantica was seeing the different ways Beloved can manifest itself on one’s skin. Since 2006, Crickmore and the Creative Director Christopher Chong, have together reinvented Amouage and developed it into a contemporary and globally appealing, luxury brand. More oriental in the tradition of the house but the inspiration is obvious and still covers the same olfactory ground (woody peppery grapefruit that is).There are several statements to the effect of, “Oh man this is somehow what Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million tries to be.

Great to see Amouage changing tack a little from bewilderingly complex fragrances with lots of spice and quite frankly odd juxtapositions. Previously I've worn Fahrenheit by Dior which is also a highly masculine perfume but is VERY STRONG and noticable!

Beloved is a woody oriental fragrance with top notes of spicy black pepper and cardamom intensified with opulent floral notes in the heart. Deliciously refined and subtle which is unusual for Amouage quickly becoming slightly powdery and edgy, although back on form it projects and lasts well although bear in mind this is not beast mode, this is finesse.

So I don’t think this one will be for me and I definitely won’t be actively seeking it out but, since it’s still Amouage, I’ll try it if/when I get a chance. Beloved Man gestures noticeably at that dry savouriness, but adds a mild sweetness, citrus elements, and florals to bring that note to life in a way that GPH never could. Now Smell This has brought the news that notes are: orange, grapefruit, elemi, geranium, jasmine, iris, saffron, cedarwood, lignum vitae, leather, patchouli, vetiver and musk.Another said: Beloved is “[u]nworthy of the Amouage name, tested it twice and found it so unremarkable and forgettable[. It would still be simplistic, safe, and lacking much flair, but, generally speaking, I no longer expect much more than that from MFK.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop