The Good Servant: From the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author comes a sweeping royal historical fiction romance novel to escape with in summer 2023!

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Good Servant: From the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author comes a sweeping royal historical fiction romance novel to escape with in summer 2023!

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We are not in Cornwall this time round but in lovely Windsor with Marion Crawford (Crawfie) hired to assist Princess Lillibet and Margaret, I didn't actually realise until I started reading that Marion is in fact a real person. All the characters are well developed, and the naivete of Marion toward her future husband was actually so annoying, yet, she couldn't see his corruptive nature until it was too late. I’m also very pleased that the door has most definitely been left open for a further trip to Pendruggan in the future. Balmoral, 1932Marion Crawford, an ordinary but determined young woman, is given a chance to work at the big house as governess to tw.

The goods do not need to be in their original packaging however in a sellable condition, and at your own cost and risk. Those I plodded through but overall the story was interesting and enjoyable, enough for me to find out more about this time in history. A warm, witty and wise debut about the ups and downs of life as a TV presenterWhen Christie Lynch, journalist and single mother of two, appears as a guest on a daytime TV talk show, she could never have imagined that it would lead to a new career. Tommy was the most brilliant diplomat who defused a lot of bombs which were going off in the royal family at that time. Prudence, hard-nosed businesswoman married to the meek and mild Francis, is about to get a shock reminder that you should never take anything for granted.She was vocal on Twitter recently when Prince Harry and Meghan were placed apart from key members of the royal family in St Paul’s Cathedral during the thanksgiving service. This fictionalised account of a real story follows Marion Crawford, a young Scottish woman who finds herself becoming the governess for the tiny Princesses, Lilibet and Margaret, and follows her years with them, until an awful misunderstanding occurs, causing her to be cast out of the Royal fold, after many, many years of devoted service. It is a great read that paints a vivid picture into the inner workings and personal lives within the Royal household.

I for one, would like to think that Marion was influenced by her husband, the world he existed in was so far removed from Marion’s, there was a sense of jealously. She is married to the celebrity chef, Phil Vickery and lives with her family at Holmer Green in Buckinghamshire. In March 1998, her first book, Fern’s Family Favourites, was released and in October the following year, she launched her second book Winter Treats and Summer Delights. Theatre life was great fun but within three years, in 1980, she graduated to television and became a presenter on Westward Television. I love the way Fern’s books set in this particular Cornish village have stories of different characters you’ve met before weaving in and out of storylines with new people – it’s so clever, and feels like you’re meeting up with old friends again.Each year, the Carew sisters embark on the yearly summer holiday, but they are as different as vinegar and honey. At the Royal Albert Hall, on 31 May 2007, Fern Britton presented the Classical BRIT Awards and also co-presented the British Soap Awards that year. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. Whilst it is widely accepted that she had been under the influence of George Buthlay, who she married in 1947, Marion was absolutely devastated when she realised the implications and she never really recovered, living the rest of her life under a cloud away from everyone she had once been so close to.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop