Alessi PSJS Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer, Aluminium, Mirror Polished

Alessi PSJS Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer, Aluminium, Mirror Polished

RRP: £80.00
Price: £40
£40 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As provocative as it is controversial, the Juicy Salif has been one of Alessi’s best seller for the last 30 years and has become the ultimate symbol of design. Alessi is now a B Corp, a company which strives to maximise the positive impact they have on their employees, the communities in which they operate and the environment, by using the business as a force for regeneration and sustainability.

Starck's designs are frequently mysterious in their ambiguity—their purpose is not always at once identifiable.Nothing cheap here, that’s for sure, but this is perfect for special treats, and there’s IKEA for the rest! Only a well-equipped establishment can accomplish a professional service that guests will surely remark! Starck took his inspiration from a dish of squid with lemon and drew sketches of Juicy Salif on a pizzeria mat.

Prior to my student placement at National Museums Scotland, this was not a word I would have ever applied to a lemon squeezer. From stainless steel kitchen utensils to eye-catching home décor items, Alessi's range of products spans a wide spectrum. What was a spontaneous idea of the designer Philippe Starck on holiday turns out to be a surprisingly revolutionary and functional lemon squeezer - the Juicy Salif by Alessi. In our Orientations series, members of the LGBTQIA+ community explore an object that resonates with their identity.The gold-plated version was described as an "ornament" because citric acid from fruit would discolor and erode the gold plating. With its collaborations with visionary designers, meticulous craftsmanship, and commitment to sustainability, Alessi continues to captivate design enthusiasts and redefine the way we perceive everyday objects. The Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Squeezer, designed by Philippe Starck, is an icon of revolutionary kitchenware. I confirm that I have read and understood the sales conditions and terms, I confirm that I have read and accepted the privacy policy as per Article 13 of Legislative Decree 193/2003 regarding the protection of personal data and I wish to subscribe to the Lovethesign newsletter. Alberto Alessi famously referred to the juicer as a 'Ëœbig joke', playing with the idea that beautiful form should always follow function.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop