One of the Girls: From the bestselling author of The Castaways comes a gripping, page-turning blast of a crime thriller

£9.9
FREE Shipping

One of the Girls: From the bestselling author of The Castaways comes a gripping, page-turning blast of a crime thriller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This wasn't thrilling or twisty; I saw all of the twists coming, not to mention I had a difficult time liking and/or relating to any of the women. I hate that and how these women are all connected to each other in some way is very corny and unbelievable. Six women get together for a weekend to celebrate an upcoming wedding. The hen weekend (they’re British) will take place at the villa of an aunt of one of the women. The villa is in a small town in Greece, high in the hills but right on the water. If you can make it down the steep slope, you can swim in the quiet cove. But if you don’t want to, there is still the pool, which is close to the kitchen, where all the alcohol is. Thank you to NetGalley, Lucy Clark, and Penguin Group for my advance electronic copy set to publish June 28, 2022.

Tagged detective, female detective, missing person, thriller, William Morrow Gillian McAllister | Just Another Missing Person If you are looking for a sun-soaked, fast-paced, keep-you-up-till-the-early-hours thriller for summer 2022 then my god this is it!’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Six ladies are off to the the Greek Islands for a hen party (this is one of my favorite British terms!) to celebrate Lexi's upcoming nuptials to Ed. As an author, she never gets to completely switch off as everything she does and everything that happens around her can be an inspiration for her next work.I loved One Of The Girls: beautiful writing, suffused with menace, complicated female heroines, and an ending I couldn’t predict.”— Gillian McAllister, bestselling author of That Night EXCERPT: Later, we would all remember the hen weekend for one reason: because of what happened on the night of the beach fire. Before that, there were good moments - even beautiful ones - like sharing dishes of tzatziki and glistening olives beneath the Greek sun, or laughing till our knees gave way about something that would never be funny if repeated, or dancing barefoot on the lip of the shore. In the interest of complete honesty, this was not a book I enjoyed. Just for context, I say this as a 22-year-old woman whose favorite genre is thrillers with female main characters, which is precisely what One of the Girls is.

Most unsettling for Bella though is Lexi herself. Who is this woman? Where is the party girl she used to know? The professional dancer who would hop from club to club imbibing in anything she could get her hands on well into the night? This took me a while to get into and to get a handle on the characters and the POVs. The two narrators do a good job, although the different POVs would have been more distinctive if each character had it's own narrator. I did find it rather confusing that only two narrators were used, but each chapter had a different POV! But these basic bitches just sat around the villa eating tzatziki and hummus by the spoonful (literally) and getting wasted. At the end of it all this felt like a mashup of other popular books and wholly unoriginal. Thank you so much to the publisher, Penguin Group Putnam, for providing me with a copy to read and review.Robin and Bella had hooked up one night, but Robin pretended it didn’t happen because her parents disapproved.

If any reader enjoys many dark secrets and lies then you must hurry and read this book because it is a most perfect book to read during the summertime!THE AUTHOR: Lucy Clarke writes from a beach hut, using the inspiration from the wild south coast to craft her stories. Lucy is a passionate traveller and fresh air enthusiast. She's married to a professional windsurfer and, together with their two children, they spend their winters travelling and their summers at home by the sea. Ed showed up to tell Lexi about Ana. It came out that he had bullied and abused Eleanor for their whole lives, and he was responsible for the injury that put Sam in the hospital the night he died. Ana had gotten pregnant with Luca when Ed raped her. There were red herrings galore. With that being said, I had my suspicions that the "killer" was one of two people, and one of them ended up being the killer, so I was happy with my deduction. On the other hand, I couldn't figure out who the victim was going to be, and I was completely surprised by who it was. I loved the fact that everyone in One of the Girls had a secret that they were hiding and several of those secrets ended up connecting together.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop