Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector

Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector

RRP: £390.89
Price: £195.445
£195.445 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This particular model comes with a few handy extras that can make all the difference as you prospect. With the detector, you’re getting a search coil cover and a control box cover. The latter accessory slips onto your control box to protect it from light drizzles. The clear plastic window ensures that you can still take advantage of all the functionality the device has to offer. On top of those two protective extras, the machine also comes with a carrying case and Garrett’s EasySound headphones. Yes and no. The coil and poles are waterproof and submersible, but the control box is not. If you need a fully submersible detector, go with the AT Pro or AT Gold. Where is it made? As if the system’s impressive identification features weren’t enough, the Garrett ACE 400 can also give you some basic depth information. This feature isn’t as complex as those found on premium detectors, but it certainly gets the job done. If you want adjustable ground balancing, you’ll have to upgrade to the AT Pro or AT Max. Target Identification and Discrimination

This model features enhanced iron resolution, which is unique to the 400 and aids in the separation of any junk located near your target. When you're out detecting, it is very common to get false signals. This can be caused by less experienced detectorists not operating the detector properly or by junk metals in the soil. Higher frequency metal detectors have shorter wavelengths and are better for finding small things like tiny gold nuggets whereas lower frequencies penetrate further into the ground. Display TreasureNet Forum: This is a popular online forum where metal detector enthusiasts share their experiences, tips, and advice on using various metal detectors, including the Garrett ACE 400. You can browse and participate in discussions to learn more about target identification and other aspects of metal detecting. https://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/ A powerful performer at a bargain price. The ACE 300 has more modes than an ACE 200 and enhanced features to help find more treasure. One of the things we like most about the Garrett ACE 400 is the control box. It offers tons of flexibility to give you the performance you’re after. However, it’s not complicated to use. The large LCD screen provides all the information you need, and the simple push buttons let you make adjustments on the fly. There are no complicated knobs or analog meters to worry about. As a result, the machine is easy to get the hang of regardless of your skill level. 3. Weather-Ready ExtrasHere is where common coin targets will hit on the 0-99 scale (note that these numbers will change in the field based on ground conditions, depth, nearby targets, etc.). The Garrett Ace 400 includes the Iron audio setting, which is unique to this Garrett model; it is not included with all metal detectors. This helps you to differentiate between different metals, such as coins and garbage, if you're looking for coins rather than trash. It's appropriate for anyone at any skill level, but it's geared toward intermediates. This technique is also applicable to every beginner who will be willing to read the manual. So if you’re in an old park where there’s likely to be silver coins, you might not want to spend your entire day digging new memorial pennies. Other features​

Unfortunately, the ACE 400 is not made for saltwater use. It’s not protected from oxidation caused by saltwater. Plus, there is no ground balance feature to overcome mineralization issues.

Sea Hunter Mark II Searchcoils

Here is what we think sets the Garrett Ace 400 apart from the lower models in the line-up. This unit includes 8.5" x 11" DD PROformance™ submersible searchcoil. This is the same soil that ships with the Garrett AT Series. This search coil is an upgraded coil over the lower models in the line and is included with the Ace 400. You can also control the sensitivity and depth adjustments at the touch of a button. You will notice that through proper control of the 8 sensitivity depth adjustments you are able to maximize your finds and eliminate false signals. Includes 3 FREE Accessories* It’s easy to get bogged down in specifics when you’re looking for the best metal detector, but don’t forget these basic bits of information. Weight and Length The control boxes on Garrett's ACE metal detectors are all quite similar in appearance. If you've used other Garrett ACE detectors, the controls on the ACE 400 will be familiar to you. The metal detector can be powered by simply pressing the Power button for one second and then releasing it. Use Iron Discrimination: Adjust the Iron Discrimination feature on your ACE 400 to filter out low-value targets such as iron and steel. By setting the discrimination level appropriately, you can focus on more valuable finds and avoid digging up unwanted items.

The company markets the coil as the one that doesn’t require any additional protective case. Yet, I bought a plastic coil cover for my ACE 400. Well, experience has proven that it came in handy. If I'm near some kind of power line, I also adjust the sensitivity level. When I'm near a power wire or another underground or overhead cable, I lower my sensitivity, which usually eliminates the interference. If there is still interference, I will try changing to one of the Ace 400's four other preset frequencies. I'll also perform a simple factory reset by pressing and holding down the power button for 5 seconds or longer before it beeps. This can sometimes remove disturbances from power lines as well. Garrett ACE 400 vs. Garrett ACE 300Search coils are watertight so that you can search along riverbanks. It is important that you remember that control boxes are not waterproof. Wet grass or rain should be avoided when using your machine. Digital Target ID This is a great machine for the majority of soils. You can use it on dry sand but it won’t like saltwater, wet sand and highly mineralized soils. Custom mode so you can choose a mixture of the above or your own special recipe. The ACE 400 saves your custom mode so it’s ready to go next time.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop