Sigma - 16mm-F/1.4 (C) AF DC DN Lens, Fuji X-Mount

Sigma - 16mm-F/1.4 (C) AF DC DN Lens, Fuji X-Mount

RRP: £28.99
Price: £14.495
£14.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As for weight and size, the 16mm f1.4 balances nicely with the Fuji bodies. It weighs just 14.3 oz/406 g, so it’s really not that heavy. In terms of dimensions, the 16mm f1.4 measures 2.8 x 3.6”/72.2 x 92.6 mm, and uses a 67mm filter. So, while the 16mm f1.4 is definitely larger than say Sigma’s 56mm f1.4 and 30mm f1.4, which also come in X mount, it’s still very similar to the Fujifilm XF 16mm f1.4 R WR lens in terms of size and weight. The Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN lens for Fujifilm X-mount is constructed of nine elements in seven groups, including two aspherical elements. It features a nine-blade aperture diaphragm, offers a minimum focusing distance of 30cm (11.8"), has an aperture range of F1.4 through F16 and uses a 52mm front filter thread. It’s worth noting that face detection also worked quite well. I did review the 16mm f1.4 in L mount before (review here), and during that time, I used it with a lot of my photo shoots. I didn’t get a chance to use the Fuji one in a photo shoot but I tried face detection out during my regular test runs, and I’m happy to report it did a great job with this lens. Sigma 16mm f1.4 DC DN Contemporary Review Image Quality Fuji X:

The X-mount version of the lens measures 72.2mm (2.8”) in diameter, 92.6mm (3.6”) long and weighs 405g (14.3oz). 30mm F1.4 DC DN | C

This is all good because as I mentioned earlier, when you factor in the cropped sensor, this lens is a 24mm equivalent, which means it’s a focal length that will probably see a lot of use, especially with the increased versatility thanks to the large f1.4 aperture. The 16mm f1.4 DC DN Contemporary is great for a variety of subjects ranging from travel, landscape to even street photography. All of these types of photography often require the photographer to walk a lot, so a lens that is easy to live with, and won’t tire someone out at the end of the day is a must. When you’re able to achieve it, bokeh is ultra smooth and inviting, a characteristic that seems to be a constant with Sigma lenses, at least with the ones I’ve tested. I say, “when you’re able to achieve it” because even with an f1.4 aperture, this is still a wide angle lens, and therefore, depth of field isn’t always going to be ultra thin. As you can see below, I had to get pretty close to a subject to really see a noticeable thinness to the depth of field. But if you do get close enough, the out of focus areas are buttery smooth. There’s nothing distracting, at least to me. Lens flare is very well-controlled when dealing with the sun. Even shooting straight into the sun, the Sigma lens handles it well. Artificial light when shooting at night is less well-controlled, however.

Cameras Mirrorless Cameras DSLR Cameras Digital Compact Cameras Video Cameras Lenses Mirrorless Camera Lenses DSLR Lenses Lens Filters Lens Accessories The optical design and stepping motor deliver smooth autofocus during video shooting. The lens design fully accommodates the Fast Hybrid AF of Sony E-mount cameras for super-fast autofocus functionality. Using face recognition AF results in consistent autofocusing on faces, even as the subjects move. As well as the 56mm f1.4 DC DN C for Z mount, we also get the 16mm F1.4 DC DN and the 30mm F1.4 DC DN for Z mount. These are designed mainly for use with Nikon’s APS-C models like the Nikon Z50, Nikon Z30 and Nikon Zfc. Sharing its development concept with the SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, the 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary features a lens structure with 16 elements in 13 groups and includes the finest materials. This lens effectively minimizes optical aberrations and offers superb resolution at wide-open aperture and throughout the aperture range. The optical design and stepping motor deliver smooth autofocus during video shooting, while the mount features a special sealing for a dust- and splash-proof design. For instance, does it make more sense to put an EF 50mm f1.8 on a M6 II (with adapter) than a Fuji XF 50mm f2 on a X-S10? the Fuji is optically better than the Canon. On the other hand, the Canon EF-M 22mm is more compact and cheaper than Fuji's 23mm f2, but not better either. You get IBIS and better ISO performance. No need to reach out for that FF camera.Mylio Photos – Access your photos from anywhere, without the cloud! Easily showcase your photos on-the-go, resolve duplicates, find faces and look for those stunning locations. Chromatic aberration (CA) is the lens' inability to focus on the sensor or film all colours of visible light at the same point. Severe chromatic aberration gives a noticeable fringing or a halo effect around sharp edges within the picture. It can be cured in software.

The 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary is the world's first interchangeable lens for mirrorless Sony E-mount cameras in the APS-C format to offer a 24mm focal length (35mm equivalent) and F1.4 brightness. The lens for Micro Four Thirds offers a 32mm focal length (35mm equivalent) with the same bright F1.4 aperture. This is the large-diameter wide-angle lens for which mirrorless camera users have been waiting. Light falloff is completely invisible, even at f/1.4, as shot on the X-T10 which is probably correcting it automatically.From Sigma lens literature) The SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the development of a new high-performance, large-diameter wide-angle lens, SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary. The SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary features SIGMA's inner focus technologies, while lighter lens elements in the focus lens group make possible a more compact actuator. Moreover, this lens offers outstanding stability whether the photographer is shooting handheld or has the camera placed on a surface. Structurally, the lens features materials and parts that contribute to its compact, lightweight structure. In summary, this is an unprecedented lens that combines outstanding optical performance with exceptional portability and usability. DSLR Cameras Canon EOS DSLR Cameras Nikon DSLR Cameras Digital Compact Cameras Instant and Single Use Cameras Instant Cameras Instant Camera Film Single Use Cameras Instant Printers It feels great; it's a real metal lens. The only other real metal lenses made today are almost exclusively from LEICA; Nikon and Canon have been churning out mostly plastic since the 1980s.

Tamron – Need lightweight, compact mirrorless lenses? Tamron has you covered, with superior optics perfect for any situation. With weather sealing and advanced image stabilization, you’ll open up your creative possibilities. The first in this SIGMA series of prime lenses for mirrorless cameras was the standard prime 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, now followed by the wide-angle prime 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary. Going forward, SIGMA will add a telephoto lens to the series, making it a new and complete system for mirrorless camera users. In this shot, we can see that there is some rather heavy lens flare from the lamp. This would not be easy to handle during post-processing, so this is something to keep in mind. See the below crop for a better look. Binoculars Vortex Binoculars Canon Binoculars Swarovski Binoculars Hawke Binoculars Celestron Binoculars Nikon Binoculars Steiner Binoculars Zeiss Binoculars Binocular Accessories

Comments

It’s also worth noting that although these lenses are designed for APS-C cameras, you can also use them with full-frame bodies, like the Nikon Z6 II, with the camera automatically switching to crop mode if you do. You might therefore consider it a good alternative to the Nikkor Z 24mm f/1.8 S lens, which costs more than twice that of the Sigma. Chromatic aberrations, typically seen as purple or blue fringes along contrasty edges, can be detected in quite a lot of our sample shots - this is definitely one of the Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN C's weaker points in terms of image quality. The only advantage to this lens is if you really shoot it at f/1.4. When stopped down it's the same as using any of Fuji's other zooms at their 16mm settings. The Fuji XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR is optically quite good, excelling at falloff and distortion, as well as mechanical quality.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop