Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio (Sound On Sound Presents...)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I would imagine most of our readers are familiar with the Mellotron, a tape-playing keyboard that became popular in the late '60s on songs like The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever. He takes a complicated, non-intuitive, subjective, and non-linear process and gets the student through it as if it were simple, obvious, linear, and objective, all the while providing the student with the necessary caveats to understand where the process has been simplified to make it easier to learn.

The advice and guidance contained are relevant to everyone involved in music engineering and production, at all levels and regardless of the size of the studio or its facilities. The contents of the book are the result of interviews of dozens of veteran producers who have had to work with all kinds of equipment and in all kinds of spaces. So, I decided to review the book based primarily on his “mission statement” if you will, in the introduction.Part 1 of Mixing Secrets begins with a detailed discussion across four chapters on how to choose and use nearfield monitoring, including understanding and working around the limitations of budget equipment, optimising the listening environment, and 'self calibration' using commercial music reference material. In other words, as a result of working through this book, articles on arcane mixing techniques become easy to digest, even if they aren’t described in the book.

Pick up tricks and tips from leading-edge engineers working on today's multi-platinum hits, including Michael Brauer, Serban Ghenea, the Lord-Alge brothers, Tony Maserati, Manny Marroquin, Dave 'Hard Drive' Pensado, Jack Joseph Puig, Mark 'Spike' Stent, Phil Tan, Andy Wallace, and many, many more. If you've been figuring out everything yourself or piecing together your workflow based on Internet forum posts, this book may bump your work forward by months or years.He specializes in adapting the techniques of top producers for those working in small studios and on a tight budget. The book concludes with a couple of appendices detailing his quote references and providing a thorough discography. Burl Audio, under the direction of owner/designer Rich Williams, has developed some of the best new recording equipment over the last eight years. stars because it's out of date and could be refreshed and it's also really only focused on mainstream and pop mixes.

Always seeking new challenges, though, he eventually left the magazine to set up his own training and consultancy business, while also freelancing as an engineer and SOS author. I’ve read it several times, and maybe I’m missing something, but he seems to say one thing, contradict himself, then contradict himself again? Vintage King co-founder Michael Nehra shares some of his love, knowledge, and practical advice for diving into the world of vintage audio gear, and then takes us behind the scenes for a walk through. Certainly I think this would be an excellent book for someone who does want to get seriously into mixing.On the way, you'll unravel the mysteries of every type of mix processing, from simple EQ and compression through to advanced spectral dynamics and 'fairy dust' effects. I FOUND AN EXCELLENT "MUST HAVE" for anyone pursuing music recording and mixing as a career and life-long hobby.

Rather, he shows various methods, explaining that not every method would work for every mix and even provides links to find out more about the different schools of thought. And though there's plenty of information to soak up, Mike has made it very easy to navigate your way through the book and to find the relevant information you need quickly and easily.Mike Senior: Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio (book) | Tape Op Magazine | Longform candid interviews with music producers and audio engineers covering mixing, mastering, recording and music production.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop