By the Book-A Meant to Be Novel

By the Book-A Meant to Be Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My home environment, when I'm able to force my will on my roommate, is free of audio pollution like TV and radio. If you love a good football romance and enjoy reading about off-the-field romance this one is super cute! Nora is an up-and-coming sports agent, working in a male dominated industry and catches her first break managing with one of the best NFL tight end's. While reading this sweet story of a grandmother and grandchild sharing their summer on a Finnish island, I kept thinking of them as opposite ends of a spectrum and yet as alike as two newly-minted pennies.

DE Stevenson had an enormously successful writing career: between 1923 and 1970, four million copies of her books were sold in Britain and three million in the States. Read if you like: grumpy x sunshine, second chance romances, learning disability rep, “that’s my wife,” it’s always been you, right person wrong time, and strong women. The NC500 route takes in some of the UK’s most stunning scenery passing through mountains, glens, beaches, cliffs, castles, ancient sites and picturesque villages.

Seaweed, sand, bird droppings, flowers in every crack in the granite, bright colors everywhere, children playing, pulling weeds, splashing, collecting wild seeds, ordinary days, family boats, tents, mice, snow, wind, rain, storms, heat, frost, fire, sandwiches, crooks eating crayfish, sunrises, moonlights, spring, Angleworms, caterpillars, spiders, tadpoles, beetles and other creatures, summers…. Owlet Press was founded by Samuel Langley-Swain in 2018, working with authors and illustrators with a shared passion – picture books which reflect the true diversity in children’s lives.

After witnessing a worm cut in two and learning that both halves will continue on, Sophia dictates a study on worms to the grandmother in which she say ‘ They realized that from now on life would be quite different, but they didn’t know how, that is, in what way. It's often the case that contemporary romance novels leave me wanting more or misses the mark but this book fulfilled me completely. Jansson loved books as a child, and set out from an early age to be an artist; her first illustration was published when she was fifteen years old; four years later a picture book appeared under a pseudonym”. The penultimate chapter on ‘Hobbies of the Country Housewife’ may be less useful to those of us who do not want to skin rabbits or use fowl feathers, but there are some good tips on how to deal both with unwanted insects and ‘the mischievous mouse’ and the ‘unpaid helpers of the country housewife’ such as ladybirds. Grandmother is the book's force, but the interactions between her and Sophia, her young granddaughter, fuel it.Each page of The Summer Book rolled across me in waves of nostalgia for idyllic childhood summers spent in a cabin rented by my parents on Sunset Lake in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop