The Lost Twin: A Scarlet and Ivy Mystery: Book 1

The Lost Twin: A Scarlet and Ivy Mystery: Book 1

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I can’t say much more, I don’t have any major complaints. It was just a good book, with characters I liked and a story that stayed interesting. I think anyone over the age of ten could enjoy it. But after their beloved ballet teacher Miss Finch suddenly disappears and strange Madame Zelda takes her place, freakish things start happening. Poison letters are circulating the school, and 'accidents' are plaguing the students. It seems that the girls are in danger once more olan 1. kitaptan sonra hemen 2, 3, 4, 5 ve 6. kitaplarını arka arkaya okumak. Bunu gerçekleştireceğim ve bütün sırların arkasında ne olduğunu öğreneceğim. Umarım siz de bu serüvende bana eşlik edersiniz :) The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened.

Kitap ikiz olan Scarlet ve Ivy’le başlıyor ama bir sorun var. Scarlet ortada yok! Ivy’nin doğum gününde (yani Scarlet’in de doğum gününde) Scarlet ortadan kaybolmuştur. Scarlet, yani zeki olan ikiz kardeş çok iyi bir okul olan Rookwood Okulunda okuyordu. Fakat bir gün ortadan kayboldu! Ivy böylece babası onu istemediğinden de dolayı Phoebe Teyzesi ile yaşmaya başladı. Bir gün bir mektup geldi. Mektup Rookwood Okulundan müdür tarafından gönderilmişti ve Ivy’nin Scarlet’in yerine geçmesi gerektiği belirtilmişti. Ivy en başından bunda bir iş olduğunu anlamıştı ama Scarlet’in öldüğü düşüncesi ona bunların hepsini unutturmuştu bu yüzden Bayan Fox adında bir kadın (okul müdürü yokken yerine bakan kadın) onu almaya geldiğinde başka çaresi kalmamıştı. Rookwood Okulu hapishane gibiydi. Bayan Fox’un çok katı kuralları gece tuvalete gitmemeye kadar uzanıyordu. Ivy, Scarlet’in odasını keşfetmeye başladığında yatağında bir sertlik hisseder. Bu, Scarlet’i bulmak için tek şansı olabilir. Bir günlük... There’s a new girl at Rookwood School, and new mystery for Scarlet and Ivy to solve. It’s a brand-new term for Scarlet and Ivy, and the girls are intrigued by a fascinating new girl, Ebony. She’s as enchanting as she is mysterious, and she’s began to gather quite the following – in fact, most of the younger girls appear to be under her spell. But rumours swirl like ghosts around Ebony, and not all of them are nice. And when a prank on All Hallow’s Eve goes horribly wrong, it’s Ebony who gets the blame. Ivy and Scarlet aren’t so sure. There might be more to Ebony than meets the eye, but surely she’s not dangerous? But if it’s not Ebony, then who or what is to blame? This spooky treat is the fifth book in the SCARLET AND IVY series, perfect for fans of MURDER MOST UNLADYLIKEWARUM WOLLTE ICH ES LESEN? Ich bin ja schon seit langer Zeit ein Fan des Imprints You & Ivi und habe schon einige Bücher davon zu Hause. Nur bisher nicht gelesen! Das Geheimnis von Rookwood klang so toll, dass ich es auch direkt lesen musste. Ich liebe Internatsgeschichten BRAVO! Truly, a around of applause is owed to Sophie Cleverly and The Lost Twin. I'm well out of the age range that this book is aimed at, but I absolutely adored every bit of it! I can only imagine how much excitement younger Jessica would have had, upon discovering this story. So many things I love are expertly wrapped up in here. Forbidding boarding schools, terrible headmistresses, brave girls, and tons of secrets. What more could a reader ask for? WAS HAT MIR GUT GEFALLEN? Ich liebe die Internatsatmosphäre und die Zeitlosigkeit der Geschichte. Ich habe nämlich tatsächlich erst später gemerkt, dass die Geschichte nicht in unserer Zeit spielt. Das ist bei so etwas aber auch nicht wichtig, da Internate sowieso Paralleluniversen sind oder? Die Geschichte und das "Suchspiel" waren super konstruiert und auch wenn man Vermutungen hat, konnte man so schnell nicht komplett durchsteigen. Und das, obwohl ich deutlich älter bin, als die eigene Zeilgruppe. Zu guter letzt finde ich Ivy auch super sympathisch. Ich habe sie beinahe sofort ins Herz geschlossen und da tanzt sie immer noch herum. There’s a new girl at Rookwood. Ebony claims to be a witch and soon seems to have most of the students (and the teachers) under her spell. Scarlet and Ivy don’t believe in witchcraft but something weird is definitely going on, and it’s down to them to figure out what before their best friend gets dragged down with it all.

SC: Mostly my terrible jokes… I often have silly jokes that my editors don’t get and tell me to take out. (Sometimes I don’t listen!) But at least I keep myself amused when writing.

Publication Order of Scarlet and Ivy Books

A spine-tingling mystery set in a creepily atmospheric boarding school. Ivy must uncover the secrets behind her twin sister Scarlet’s disappearance before it’s too late. Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken). Scarlet and Ivy” is a series of young adult novels by American author Sophie Cleverly. The first novel of the series was “The Lost Twin” a highly popular and critically acclaimed novel that was such a success that it spawned an entire novel series that is still ongoing. Sophie Cleverly was born in 1989 in Bath, a small town in Maine. Growing up, she was very much interested in children’s literature and read the likes of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett who incidentally write both children and adult literature. Her “Scarlet and Ivy” series has been greatly inspired by “The Graveyard Book” and “Coraline” by Gaiman and “Tiffany Aching” by Pratchett. What she especially liked about these novels was that they were beautiful, sad, scary, and funny all at the same time. She was quite the reader and would visit the city library and borrow as many books as she could to read during the week. In addition to these, she would also take as many books as she could from the older classes bookshelves, as she had already read all the books in her class. It is not surprising that her novels have been compared to Nancy Drew as she absolutely loved to read the likes of The Famous Five, Nancy Drew, The Baby Sitters Club and Goosebumps. Of these series she collected and read nearly every title. Aside from detective fiction she also read a lot of mystery novels which made her believe that she wanted to become a mystery author when she grew up. So yes, big mystery. It’s the best kind of mystery writing too, the kind where, if you pay close attention, you can figure it out yourself, instead of waiting for it to be explained. I felt more and more engaged with each clue as I tried to beat Ivy to the metaphorical punch. Ivy, while pretending to be Scarlet, navigates her way through classes, Miss Fox’s beady stare, a new personality and daily life at the school, whilst she follows the clues Scarlet has left behind for her.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop