A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes: The box-set collection for the bestselling classic epic fantasy series behind the award-winning HBO and Sky TV show and phenomenon GAME OF THRONES

£35
FREE Shipping

A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes: The box-set collection for the bestselling classic epic fantasy series behind the award-winning HBO and Sky TV show and phenomenon GAME OF THRONES

RRP: £70.00
Price: £35
£35 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Miller,Laura(April 11, 2011). "Just Write It! A fantasy author and his impatient fans.".newyorker.com . http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/04/11/110411fa_fact_miller .Retrieved 2010-04-23. When asked for an update on the book in April 2019, Martin commented that there was still no release date, but that "it has been going very well lately". [42] In May, he jokingly posted on his Not a Blog that "if I don't have The Winds of Winter in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I'm done". [43] Hibberd,James(July 12, 2011). "EW interview: George R.R. Martin talks A Dance With Dragons".ew.com . http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/07/12/george-martin-talks-a-dance-with-dragons/ .Retrieved 2012-01-21.

A Song Of Ice And Fire 7 Books Set By George R. R. Martin A Song Of Ice And Fire 7 Books Set By George R. R. Martin

So...I'm a little late to the Game of Thrones party. We don't have a TV so I was unaware that this was a hit TV series based on a 7-book series. Now that I've read it, I can see why. WINDS will be different in some ways, but will parallel the show in others. At this point, there are probably a dozen characters who are dead on the show but alive in the books, so it would be impossible for the two to remain the same. (Also, of course, there are characters in the books who have never even existed on the show, like Victarion Greyjoy, Jon Connington, Penny, Arianne Martell... )" [39] The series has been placed as the number 1 rated series at the Internet Book List since a revision of the rating system in October 2005., [60] Additionally the individual books has won a number of awards: S~ Stunning worldbuilding. Martin creates cultures, religions, languages, traditions, and he makes us understand all these, whithout even get boring. We all know that many times, worldbuilding seems like a history lesson in some books. But in ASOIAF, we get to understand everything, through the plotline. You can almost hear the Braavosi accent, smell the khalasar, feel the heat of Dorne, and you're not even there! Harte,Bryant(July 13, 2011). "An Interview With George R. R. Martin, Part II". indigo.ca . http://blog.indigo.ca/fiction/item/514-an-interview-with-george-r-r-martin-part-two.html .Retrieved 2012-02-15.Barber,John(July 11, 2011). "George R.R. Martin: At the top of his Game (of Thrones)".theglobeandmail.com . http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/books/george-rr-martin-at-the-top-of-his-game-of-thrones/article2093774/ .Retrieved 2011-08-18. You alone will decide if you would choose to be a Stark, or a Lannister, or a Frey, or a Tully, or a Targaryen, etc. Now that I’m up to speed, it will be hard to move on to something else (I’m being hounded by co-workers to begin the Outlander series. To them I say shut your filthy whore mouths maybe next summer). For now, I bid you adieu to rejoin the masses in their fervent cries of “WHEN WILL BOOK 6 COME OUT???????” and leave you with these wise words that have held true over the course of the series thus far: She is one of a vast range of characters. All the major ones are complex, well drawn works-in-progress: some noble and strong-willed, others vile. A very interesting aspect of the series is the number of characters who are vulnerable or damaged in some way. A dwarf man, an obese youth, a bastard, a crippled boy, a prince trapped as ward/prisoner in another noble's household. As a reader I keenly felt the difficulties and pain they each face due their situations, but never felt that their dialogue or descriptions had been vetted for political correctness by reference groups. Such a welcome change. Robinson,Tasha(December 11, 2000). "Interview: George R.R. Martin continues to sing a magical tale of ice and fire". scifi.com.Archivedfrom the original. Error: If you specify |archiveurl=, you must also specify |archivedate= Template:Namespace detect showall . http://web.archive.org/web/20020223190420/http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue190/interview.html .Retrieved 2012-02-02.

Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A

The story frequently mines real history for material - for example, a simple but cunning idea of Odysseus in The Iliad reappears, and there is a scene that reminded me strongly of the St Bartholomew's Day Paris 1572. All this reworked stuff enriches the tale.

A Song of Ice and Fire takes place on the fictional continents Westeros and Essos. The point of view of each chapter in the story is a limited perspective of a range of characters growing from nine in the first novel to 31 characters by the fifth novel. Three main stories interweave: a dynastic war among several families for control of Westeros, the rising threat of the supernatural Others in northernmost Westeros, and the ambition of the deposed king's exiled daughter to assume the Iron Throne.

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 Volumes), Book Cover May Vary A Song of Ice and Fire (7 Volumes), Book Cover May Vary

However, the last two books were very average as compared to the first three. The writing was flat and Martin seemed to beat around the bush a lot. I somehow managed to read that book thinking the next one would be good. Sadly, the fifth book is all the more disappointing.The Hedge Knight is also available as a graphic novel from Dabel Brothers Productions; an adaptation of The Sworn Sword is forthcoming from the same company. The author has said that he would like to write a number of these stories (varying from six to twelve from interview to interview) covering the entire lives of these two characters. Further, a collection containing the first three published Dunk and Egg novellas called A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms was published in 2015. The HBO series, it turned out, did not dilute my pleasure or surprise during the many bumps in the darkness at all. I had expected that giving me an initial memory of the characters faces would minimize my grasp of the suggestions within the writing. In my case, however, the reverse held true. The TV series had such an amazing fidelity to the written word, it carried me along possibly better than if I hadn’t seen Ned Stark’s face, or Catelyn’s or Arya’s… or Tyrion’s. None of these characters or the hundreds of others will easily slip from your memory for some time, whether or not you’ve seen the HBO series. The case of GAME OF THRONES and A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE is perhaps unique. I can't think of any other instance where the movie or TV show came out as the source material was still being written. So when you ask me, "will the show spoil the books," all I can do is say, "yes and no," and mumble once again about the butterfly effect. Those pretty little butterflies have grown into mighty dragons. Some of the 'spoilers' you may encounter in season six may not be spoilers at all... because the show and the books have diverged, and will continue to do so. [36] I loved reading this series and really got into the books after watching the first season on TV... cut to 8 months later and finally finished. The series was great, and the 2nd half of each book full of twists and turns, happiness and anger. I had moments of wanting to throw book three across the room when something very unfortunate happened... but I restrained myself.

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin | Goodreads A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin | Goodreads

Honestly speaking, I am amazed that all this is a creation of only one head. Martin is a true genius and a very learned history scholar. I read in a documentary that all the events in this series/books have actually happened sometime someplace in history. It is not that unrealistic. Furthermore, Martin released a "history compendium", a companion book to the main series, and has announced a second and third. There’s just enough dragons, magic and sorcery to qualify the stories as fantasy, yet they are also realistic enough to be totally believable. There’s also lots of brutality, gore and sex in them, so be forewarned if you’re squeamish about those things.

Recommend? Yes, but you won't find yourself reading this aloud to your children or significant other. It's not the book that makes you say, "Ah, I'm glad I went there tonight!" It's the book that leaves you saying, "I can't believe I went there again. Maybe I'll never return. Okay, maybe one more chapter. As long as it's not REEK. I can't handle him right now." Okay, this book series is serioulsy the BEST! I'll try to make a "crossword" for the reasons why I loved this series :) Yet, the darker the night, the brighter the star. Daenerys swiftly matures into someone intrepid, resourceful, brilliant, resolute, and above all compassionate. She who at first seemed just one more player of the game of thrones looks more and more like the hope of the world. She is sometimes just a giggling 14-year-old, but then, through sheer finesse, she acquires an army. And Danaerys is the only person alive who owns dragons. Three of them: young, but rapidly growing, like her.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop