Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 1 (New Printing)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I can’t help but think that John Byrne carried over quite a bit from his run on Uncanny X-Men, learning a bit about adapting a long-running franchise and making it fresh and new – relevant for the modern age.

He also wrote the first issues of Mike Mignola's Hellboy series and produced a number of Star Trek comics for IDW Publishing. On the run, Reed and Sue Richards, AKA Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, find themselves in even more trouble when they stop in a small town with a terrible secret!In the annual, the team tries desperately to figure out why the small town of King’s Crossing “dingles a faint bell. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Will usually dispatch within same working day if paid before 13:00 GMT (excludes weekends and holidays).

They are a bit thinner in terms of drama than I remember but with the size of the comics of the time Byrne did a great job in a limited format. The Skrull infestation of King’s Crossing has absolutely no long-term negative effects for the residents – only good ones! Doom, and the Skrulls, stories that exhibit the same characteristic mix of world-breaking space opera and down-to-earth soap opera that made his X-Men run with Claremont so spectacular. John Byrne speaks for himself in my regard because of work like this, if you want to see Ben "Thing" Grimm give cheesy one liners in spiffy artwork form, and read some good stories too, give this a try and see what I mean. wherein the arch villain used Stan and Jack to lure the Richards into a trap where his mind is switched with the bad Doctor’s.All that said, Byrne does some very strong work with some of the characters here, with the biggest beneficiary by far being Susan Richards (not yet ditching the "Invisible Girl" codename; that would have to wait for later in Byrne's run). By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

I forgot how much he shifted hard from the prior creative teams to single issue stories for the beginning of his run and only opened up to longer ones later, and also how seldom he created new villains. It isn''t always easy, though: the little dragon is a bit of a mischief-maker and it doesn''t always understand the meaning of those words. I haven't read Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's version of Fantastic Four, but I can imagine that Byrne got very close to their run in the terms of quality, storytelling and art.

Still, the characters never seemed to grow or change, and all of their adventures felt a little repetitive. In many ways, The Challengers of the Unknown (Kirby’s prototype partners in peril for National /DC) laid all the groundwork for the wonders to come, but staid, nigh-hidebound editorial strictures there would never have allowed the undiluted energy of the concept to run all-but-unregulated. Fortunately, I’m happy to report that though it took several hundred pages, John Byrne managed to win this moron over. Byrne greatly expands the creative usage of her force field powers, and in general gives her a more prominent role in the team's adventures. This seems like “a noble sentiment”, but I wonder how much Reed actually agrees to it, and how much value he extends to “non-human people.

It's one history-making hit after another - the first appearances of the Kree, Annihilus and "Him" (a. The title would be just as good if Byrne ignored the rather suspect implications of these past stories.I’m normally reluctant to jump into books that rely heavily of continuity – I like my stories to stand on their own two feet – but I think Byrne manages his stuff quite well. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop