The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself: Now a major Netflix series

The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself: Now a major Netflix series

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He also said he had the ability to foresee how he died, and revealed he would not be killed by his own son that day. I'm currently working on a new series called The Smoke Thieves, which is due to be published in spring 2018 and is definitely fantasy (there will be a map).

At first I was surprised by the writing style. I didn't like it but I have to admit that we don't see it every day. Gabriel Blimey. But seriously though, this is how you weave a fictional character and make it believable! Because nobody can be gentle, soft, as straight as the letter S, long-hair-don't-care, wonderful eyes, loves unconditionally, loyal, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy af, posh, Swiss, and Nathan's number one fan. Seriously, what more convincing do I have to do?

Refreshing. Original. A tar-dark world full of magic and polarized along the lines of white and dark witches. The joke's the white witches aren't all that light. I thought about giving this book 2 stars but who am I kidding? It was a torture to read it! I seriously have no idea how I got to the end. Oh wait, yes I have! I was actually waiting for something, anything, to happen! Plus, it promised me In the follow-up story, Half Wild, Nathan tries to persuade his father to join them in their cause. The world is also great because I felt everything is explained nicely and it's not very confusing. I like the descriptions of how the witch world is entwined with our modern world. Also, I LOVE that this novel is set in the UK, we get to visit England, Whales, and Scotland! Also, some of the language reflects that. I just think it is so cool! When I first started reading Half bad, this book was nothing like what I had been expecting, and in truth, this book is in that certain, particular style that I just don't like. The writing style was kinda basic, and it also kind of jumped from first person to second person all the time. In all honesty, this book has a very similar layout to The 5th Wave, and we all know how I felt about that book. However this had better characters and a better story. Significantly better characters and story.

También siento que el inicio del libro es enigmático, después lo sentí lento (creo que la autora peca por detallista) pero el final mejoró muchísimo la fluidez de la historia.NATHAN. CRIES!!!!! I’d say that yes, he has gone through so much shit load of torture, that crying is justified and pretty reasonable. BUT. I see a lot of time in fantasy (and in other books too) that boys don’t cry. This is obviously a dumb stereotype. Even if a guy in a book is going through a lot of shit, he will never cry and that pisses me up to no extent. Like BITCH PLZ. Boys do cry!! Nathan had one sister that hated him, but he had a great relationship with his other sister and his brother. They loved him for him and not for his half blood. His sweet grandmother loved him too. He goes to the council for yearly assessments, where he is questioned about the father he's never met

Nathan ends up with a woman the counsel set him up with when things didn't work out at his home and she puts him in a cage and makes him workout all of the time and work around the place. She does some beatings here and there, but I felt like she didn't hate him as much as she let on. She taught him self defense, martial arts and did some schooling with him. Then the jerks decide to come and take him away again and do some more beatings and mark him as a half blood. Later that night, when I am getting undressed, Arran has a go at talking to me. I guess Gran has asked him to try. He says I should "rethink," "perhaps ask permission to go to one place in Wales," and some other stuff like that. Adult stuff. Gran's stuff. One of Nathan's family member dies and he wasn't even told until a month later, he wasn't allowed to see his family again. I really felt sorry for him.There are a few different characters in the book that I liked. I didn't love or hate this book and I am interested in seeing where the rest of the trilogy goes and hopefully things will..um.. look up for Nathan. I mean really, this kid needs a break, there is only so much you can do to a kid before you MAKE them bad!!!

There was a hint of romance in this, but not a lot. I wanted things to work out for Nathan and Annalise, but because she was a white witch and Nathan was a half-code, that seemed to be worse than Romeo and Juliet. A 6/10 for Half-bad, that is the appropriate score. I didn't love this book, and admittedly was a tiny bit disappointed by my first impression, but I certainly didn't not enjoy it (sorry about the grammar there). Just wasn't a fan of the writing style or the way the book was set out. But the story was fine, and I'm glad I gave it a try. It was far from a waste of time, it was an interesting and unique little story. This was a decent book. The book is so diverse, it's mind blowing. Also, sexuality is like a normal thing in this book? No one needed to reveal anything or come out of whatever they're imaginary inside, it's just is, no big deal. As simple as what colour your eyes are. As simple as it should be to be honest. Half Bad is a young adult fantasy novel that seeks to be "grittier" than typical YA fare. It succeeds, in part, but is bogged down by the typical angst-y relationships and fairly predictable plot. The Plot: There is not much of a plot here. We see Nathan from up, from a child, to a 17-year old. He gets tortured. He runs away. That's it. There is no huge, compelling, overwhelming plot, and the main clue that we were given turned out to be a red herring because the book didn't turn out at all the way I expected it to go ased on the hints.

I’m amazed at Deborah; she still doesn’t get it. It can mean whatever the Council want it to mean. (c)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop