Eddy Finn Roadhouse Cigar Box Ukulele

Eddy Finn Roadhouse Cigar Box Ukulele

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Figuring out how these things fit together was a right old game, but I've managed to do it. It's got a few neat bits...double action trussrod, and a method of adjusting the tension on the head...but the internal pot is a simple 6" cake tin, and the skin is a drum head, as they... >> Read more... Anyone who loves music and is handy with tools can make a cigar box violin that is capable of producing really good tones. The violin may be designed for either two strings or four, depending on the maker's ability as a craftsman and aspirations as a player." >> Read more... A short scale modification to the 3-String Pro Plans that will bring your sounds into the mandolin and ukulele range. Features demo video. A solid 5-string mandolin made from a wooden cigar box. From the lost files of cigar box guitar history, we present these plans which were rediscovered by John "Reddog" McNair.

Video lesson on how to build a heavy metal one-string shovel guitar, as played by Youtube sensation, Rob Scallon. These plans have been archived here and re-typed out in an easy-to-read format. Straight out of a 1923 edition of Popular Mechanics.

CigarBoxGuitar.com Knowledgebase Articles

Set its upper edge parallel with the fingerboard, and so that the latter is flush with the top of the body, when fitted to it. I build to a quality, not down to a price - wherever possible I use European and North American timbers. I also use European and USA made components such as Van Gent machineheads & fretwire, d'Addario and Newtone strings, Van Damme cable, Neutrik & Switchcraft connectors etc, instead of relying on cheaper "sweatshop economy" parts. Material for the saddle and nut: I used dominos, which I cut down to size. Another type of hard plastic or ebony will also work. These free plans are for a traditional 3-string, triangle-body Russian instrument known as the Balalaika. They were written by James H. Flynn, Jr. The positions of the frets depends on the scale length of the ukulele. The plans posted here (uke2, see below) are for a concert size. For fret position measurements, search "fret calculator" in google or go here . For a concert size I used a 15" scale length with 17 frets.

once you have it tuned up you can see how well it plays, you'll probably have to adjust your nut and bridge so the strings are at a good height. if they're too high when you fret them the intonation changes too much, if they're too low you'll get buzzing from the frets. you can file your slots deeper to lower the strings, or sand the bottom of the nut/bridge if it's really bad. if it's too low you can put shims like pieces of paper under them or just start again with another piece from the strips you made.

27 Comments

The head shape is usually a trademark of an instrument maker. Search online for ideas. I chose a very simple square shape with rounded edges. The head should "dip" 3-5 degrees downward to add tension to the strings (see uke2total, below). Join us every Saturday for FREE cigar box guitar lessons. Drop in anytime during Noon and 2:00 pm and stay a few minutes or for the whole two hours. No experience is required! We always offer free loaner guitars and there's never any obligation to buy. Note: if you use wire for your frets, the way you sand and finish your fret board may also differ from these instructions. Build to be discussed and a price to be worked out once specifications are agreed. (waiting times for custom builds are currently very long)

Uncle Crow shows how to make a simple, yet great sounding cigar box guitar in less than an hour. He includes step-by-step video instructions. Build a timeless sounding Appalachian dulcimer with this guide. Experienced cigar box mountain dulcimer builder, 'Diane from Chicago' shares photos and discusses some of her methods for creating these beautiful instruments.. Fret markers: Ukes are usually marked at the 5th, 7th, and 10th frets. Pearl dots are traditional. I used a 3/8" wooden dowel. That's right, this is the end. It is time to install the tuners and strings. Installing the tuners will vary for each instrument. I took the tuners from a thrift shop guitar, so I had to cut down the metal sheet that houses the tuning pegs with the metal cutter on a dremel. If you follow this example be sure to wear protection and watch out for fire hazards, this throws a lot of sparks.All my guitars are set up for easy fretted and slide playing - I'm a guitar player, so I understand how a guitar should perform. I source the best components for the price, and carefully craft them into truly gig-worthy instruments, with unparalleled playability and tone. Another great set of plans with beautiful diagrams. Originally published in 1920 by Charles A. King, these have been archived straight from the scan so you can see them exactly as they ran almost 100 years ago. Material for the frets: I actually bought brass welding wire for the frets, but ended up inlaying crushed turquoise instead. If you choose to inlay crushed stone the ukulele will essentially be fretless, which will change the way you play it.

For step by step instructions on how to restring your instrument, search online for tutorials. Be aware that for a couple of days the strings will not stay in tune very well.

As we only deal with larger size cigar boxes that fit a minimum of 50 cigars (and not the smaller 25-cigar size you often see elsewhere in the cigar box guitar market), our CBGs are guaranteed to have a warm, full-bodied acoustic sound that is pleasing to the ear. However, as all our cigar box guitars are fitted with controllable preamps, they can be plugged in and played as electric guitars as well. In a clever twist to the design that we have not seen used elsewhere (yet!), we fit the control panel discretely “hidden” to the rear of the cigar box guitar. This has the dual benefit of keeping the aesthetics clean from the front of the instrument as it is viewed by others or when displayed on the wall, while having the control system easily accessible to the player for adjustment.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop