Little Women (2019) [DVD]

Little Women (2019) [DVD]

RRP: £3.58
Price: £1.79
£1.79 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Greta Gerwig's adaptation of this well-loved and already much-filmed literary classic is in my opinion the most effective version so far, for it cleverly plays with time, allowing the viewer much greater insight into the various characters' journeys. As long as her choices continue to be vast and interesting, I’m sure she’ll just continue her trend (What a blessing her not getting Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse has turned out to be). Though all four women are fantastic, I must admit that Pugh stands out greatly for having such an effortless means of comical commentary and a sneer towards nearly everything. I think it was the worst possible version that could ever be possible for this beautiful moving film absolutely rubbish.

In Gerwig's take, the beloved story of the March sisters - four young women each determined to live life on their own terms - is both timeless and timely.

throughout my childhood and had been looking forward to watching the film since it was released, but disaster! Amy has a chance encounter with Theodore (Timothee Chalamet), a childhood crush who proposed to Jo but was ultimately rejected. Though never fully embracing a more feminist-leaning, which seems to only have a mild amount of room to explore in such a tale of women railing against times that seem to forget about them, there’s great humanity within such projections of these literary characters. However, previous film adaptations have, in following the chapters, come over as lacklustre in the film genre.

For items that are dispatched using our standard service, we ask that you wait 14 days from the date of dispatch before reporting any items as undelivered.Freckles, make-up, stubble, wrinkles, pores and quite a lot of facial information is quite clear as day. Greta Gerwig: Women Making Art (HD, 9:22) – “This may be a more personal film for me than Lady Bird. Please note that you do not need to have or register for a PayPal account -- simply select the option to "Use credit or debit card" and input your own payment information; PayPal will then simply process the transaction. With the accolades and success at the box office, its a headscratcher to see this beautiful looking film being snubbed of a 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray release (Twice now for Gerwig, as Lionsgate didn’t release Lady Bird on 4K Ultra-HD).

Set in Massachusetts in the latter half of the nineteenth century it follows the trials and tribulations of four sisters told through the eyes of Jo (Saoirse Ronan), a feisty young woman who wants to make a life for herself and shuns the social expectations of marriage.

Thank you to may admiration and fandom of Greta Gerwig, I’m being introduced to Little Women finally after all these years of being in the dark. There's also a few nice additions about the mercenary marriage market which isn't explicitly talked about in the book but is there in sentiment. Hardships abound but the girls always retain hope and strong family loyalty as each grows in her own way into a woman. The March sisters — Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy — struggle to make ends meet in their New England household while their father is away fighting in the Civil War. Much of the framing and blocking sets itself up for such artistry, but with such a casual ease to it that you’re just in such a wonder.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop