Molly the Pet Detective Dog: The true story of one amazing dog who reunites missing cats with their families

£4.995
FREE Shipping

Molly the Pet Detective Dog: The true story of one amazing dog who reunites missing cats with their families

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I also couldn't stand Sarah, Colin's girlfriend. She is described as basically loathing Molly even before the poor dog's brought into the home. She's standoffish, jealous, and at times mean to Molly. It's bad enough that Colin takes time to praise the moment when Sarah starts referring to Molly by name instead of "it." (Yeah, seriously, that's a thing. An extremely mentally exhausting thing.) Then there's the time she grumbles in annoyance about Colin being a grown man who cares about missing cats... Frankly, the relationship - based on bits and pieces shown in the book - seems toxic, and is not the kind of thing I want to read about in a feel-good story about a doggo detective. It is unknown why she didn't become a frog like her siblings, but it may be because she still has her psychokinetic powers. In 2005, Colin formed the United Kingdom Pet Detective Agency (UKPD), and in 2016, Molly joined the team as his partner, and together they solve crimes. Yes, you read that correctly.

It’s likely that she ended up as another family’s pet, or even an older person or someone that doesn't have social media. Which is why the documentary is so vital to us.” That reminds me of some funny stories of cats that go into other cat’s homes through the cat door and steal their food. I didn’t realize they would do that!Thank you so much to Celadon Books and Colin Butcher for allowing me the opportunity to read and provide an honest review of this book. Mail Online reports that Tommy bought the dog through a Cheshire-based business which is licensed by Cheshire Council but not a Kennel Club assured breeder.

Molly : The True Story of the Amazing Dog Who Rescues Cats tells the heartwarming story of the man-and-dog team behind the United Kingdom Pet Detective Agency—how Colin, in need of a new lease on life, rescues Molly the dog, and how Molly in turn rescues many more beloved lost pets. Anyone who has been involved, we thank them for their honesty and we just have to move on from that point because it's all we can do.” This is so much more than an adorable novel, it's about Molly's importance in the author's life and the bond each pet and owner share. If you have a pet of your own or just love animals, this book will warm your heart!

This is a fascinating story about Molly, an unusual dog who works with a pet detective to find missing cats. After author had a long history in the Royal Navy and as a police officer, the author was no stranger to figuring out what happened when someone went missing. After starting a detective agency to find lost pets for clients, he moved into the specialized area of finding lost cats. When he first saw Molly, the dog he decided would help him in his endeavors, friends thought he was making a mistake. Yes, she was young, inexperienced, strong willed and stubborn. Colin saw this, but he also saw a keen intelligence as well as a certain charisma. Molly was trained by top canine training experts to find lost cats, using the cat’s unique scent signature. Colin describes in detail how he started his pet detective agency, how he moved in the specialty of finding lost cats, the training he and his team (to include Molly) went through to become effective, as well as providing several anecdotes of events that have occurred during his many searches.

A breakthrough moment for Molly who finally accepted a cuddle from granny Barbara Nelson, 90, (Image: Emma Nelson) An amphibious kid with a heart of gold and a propensity for silliness. She can fly and can move stuff with her brain.

Watch the touching moment Molly and her owner are reunited 

This book shows the process of training a dog to search for cats. She has to be energetic but not too scary. She has to find the cats but not spook them and make them run farther. It is a delicate balance.

Their mission, to locate and rescue missing and stolen animals, with a specific focus on Molly sniffing out lost cats. They are a godsend to heartbroken pet owners everywhere. But for a long time, Colin was the only one who believed in the idea. It took him years to find anyone who thought it was possible to train a dog in such a way, and even longer to find anyone with the ability to train a dog in cat detection. But he didn’t give up. He found the right trainers, and then, eventually, they found the right dog. Thanks to NetGalley and Celadon Books for the advanced copy of Molly, a fascinating and heartwarming book in return for an honest review. I think that’s because Molly was such a huge part of our family and our dogs are a real part of our family life,” explained Ciara. If my cat EMMA is ever lost, I will be flying Pet Detective duo Colin Butcher, and his rescue dog, Molly, FIRST CLASS , to Gilbert, AZ to find her!

Footer

Molly the Bichon Frise was rescued by Cavaliers in Needs in August this year and was fostered by Emma Nelson and her mum Barbara from Co Antrim. I contemplated the task that lay ahead. It felt like I was in the middle of a Midsomer Murders case in many respects, since our village location was similarly quaint and rustic and teeming with a cast of colorful characters. The central theme of this particular episode was abundantly clear, and of course: where on earth is Simba? Had he wandered off and got lost? Was he trapped in an outbuilding? Had he been kidnapped by a local? Was he still alive, even? Fortunately, I had my problem-solving pooch waiting in the wings, who’d no doubt help me to get to the bottom of it.' She and Li'l Petey made a comic called Wally's World in Dog Man: Twenty Thousand Fleas Under the Sea. Unsurprisingly, the atmosphere around the breakfast table that morning was fraught. A teary Lindsey was inconsolable—“How can I carry on without Simba?” she kept repeating—and both parents, sitting on either side of their daughter, tried their utmost to reassure her.’

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop