Chasing Charlie

Chasing Charlie

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Despite a brief stint in jail and a few bankruptcies under his belt, by the late 1990’s Gill was also a charming womaniser known to have a few women on the go at any one time. Then, he’ll skip town, and who investigates that? It’s very hard, and so this is the perfect storm for an investigator to say ‘look, I’ll take on this, I’ll put together a file, I’ll give them a to share their story.” Whitney Friedlander for Rotten Tomatoes: The actor who plays the new villain has a similar name to the one who played the old one. Was Rhea Perlman cast because her name sounds like Ron Perlman’s?

But we also play with that going forward in the story. That’s the other thing that kind of is fun; to mess with what the audience has an expectation of. “Oh, it’s this world. So Charlie will be working there.” And, then, to have some other way in is fun to do. Throughout this, Julia explains how abusers manipulate their victims and isolate them from friends and family. She tells us how everything Charlie did was textbook, making Vivien totally reliant on his attention and validation.Let me just say … Oh the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive … (thanks, Sir Walter Scott) Charlie also spends the majority of her time in middle America and working lower-income jobs. That’s not something we usually see on TV. Why was that important to show? Johnson: Sometimes. But what we would generally do is figure out the venue of a little world that we wanted to explore. Sometimes we would have to choose something obvious because it makes sense. But I was always looking for what were interesting side ways that we can get Charlie involved in this world. Typically, that’s secondary. Typically, we’d come up with the world, and we come up with kind of the story, then we figure out, “OK, how does it make sense for Charlie to be involved with it?” What followed is the subject of Chasing Charlie, a new true-crime podcast produced by a female-led team at Fremantle Media and hosted by Melbourne-based private investigator, Julia Robson. Johnson: It’s in the script … I literally just tried to get tiny little references throughout the entire thing … I’m very proud about the script for that episode. It’s both about the pop hook of episodic TV and, weirdly, zooming out for a second to look at a real person who’s living their life through through these pop [hooks].

If they have been in and out of the court system for anything concerning, I can discover that too."

More episodes

Vivien stopped scrolling. This Craiglist ad was different from the others. Buried among the litany of sexual propositions, it sounded almost like a dare, a challenge: are you the ‘right’ kind of woman? Can you live up to what I need? Sam couldn't see that Charlie is such a jerk. So, what it made me think about Sam? Probably that she was just so in love that she couldn't see what Charlie is really like, or maybe just stupid. Johnson: As the episodes in season 1 unfurl, you can feel us testing the boundaries of this format and figuring out that we can give a familiar experience each time in that great episodic way but also genuinely surprise the audience. And, to me, that’s not about clever ways of killing people or clever devices for the plot. To me, what genuinely surprises is the audience’s perspective and empathy and shifts of empathy; those, to me, are the tidal waves underneath the surface of the ocean that actually make an episode engaging. Charlie is a character who has, and does, suffer significant trauma. Natasha, how do you find ways to include levity in a story such as this? Charlie thinks she needs to take some small risks to liven up her boring life. Her life plan is about predictability without risk. Davis has taken the responsible road and wants to experience adventure and adrenaline while pursuing his dream. All he has left to do is convince his mother to marry the man of her dreams. To that end, he has to convince her she is not deserting him.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop