The Missing: The gripping psychological thriller that’s got everyone talking...

£4.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mark and Claire Wilkinson are beyond distraught when their 15-year old son, Billy, goes missing. Now 6-months later, he still hasn’t returned home and his parents and older brother, Jake, can’t help but blame themselves—and each other—for his mysterious disappearance. The Missing is interspersed with Whatsapp messages between chapters. These messages essentially throw the reader as you know someone is doing something they shouldn’t be, with someone they shouldn’t. The senders are only revealed towards the end of the book and I, for one, didn’t expect it. I like the way social media is portrayed in the book as it has such a massive bearing on the lives of young people today and just how dangerous it can be when it’s used unwisely. Well, why should we care about missing data? Understanding how missing data work is important as they can have unexpected effects on your analysis. For example, fitting a linear model on data with missing values deletes chunks of data. This means your decisions aren’t based on the right evidence. Simiarly, we need to take care when we replace missing values, a process called imputation. Imputation has to be done very carefully. If we insert the wrong values, we can end up with poor estimates and decisions. Imagine substituting salt for sugar in a cake - the result is disastrous! How to read this book Curtis Rathbone - CEO of Interchronological Rescue, the company that steals babies from the past and sells them in the future to become rich. He employed Gary, Hodge and Second, though he was eventually betrayed by the latter. He was known to treat his employees poorly. He was killed in Redeemed and Interchronological Rescue was shut down by the time agency. The Missing is one of those books that you know, especially as a parent, will discuss one of your worst nightmares. Fear of losing your child, in any way shape or form.

Found Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary

I thought I worked out some components of the story but found out near the end I was completely wrong, this is a brilliant thriller that keeps you guessing until the end. In a lot of missing person cases suspicion eventually falls onto the family members themselves and that's pretty much how I went into this story from the off. I began reading and immediately tried to distance myself from some of the characters because I didn't know whether or not to trust them, especially as we learn more about their actions leading up to Billy's disappearance, and even more so with some of their behaviour in the present day. Whilst Cally creates a very believable picture of a family struggling to cope with the disappearance of someone they love, there's still that undercurrent of mystery and suspense the whole way through the novel and so that's why I continued to be wary of each and every character.Charles Haddingford "Chip" Winston III ( King Edward V) - Jonah's friend and Alex's older brother. One of the missing children of history, Chip and Alex are particularly famous for their disappearance. Both boys' pasts were restored in Sent. He becomes Katherine's boyfriend after their adventures in Sent. Margaret Peterson Haddix is an America author who has written more than 30 novels in the Young Adult (YA) genre. Before getting her break as an author, Haddix worked on her degrees in Journalism, Creative Writing and History, as well as working as a newspaper copy editor and a newspaper reporter. Well I am totally wrung out after just finishing this book, the third by C L Taylor and in my opinion her best so far. It inspired such a mixture of emotions in me and made me realise how truly talented you have to be to even attempt a psychological suspense of this calibre! I seem to have been waiting for such a long time to get my hands on a copy of The Missing but I have to say it was worth every second. It was stunning!

BDO - Black Desert Online - A Lost Book Quest / book location BDO - Black Desert Online - A Lost Book Quest / book location

Billy who is fifteen disappears during the night from the home that he shares with his mum and dad,Claire and Mark,brother Jake and Jake`s girlfriend Kira.As the story unfolds and the police investigate Mark`s disappearance secrets and lies are uncovered and it becomes obvious that one or more members of the family know more than they are saying.First issued in 1926, this is the most popular collection of apocryphal and pseudepigraphal literature ever published." Hadley Correo - A time agent from the future who sometimes works with JB and assisted Jonah and the others when they traveled to 1485. In Revealed, he played an important role in Jordan's adoption by the Skidmores. He eventually "moves" to the twenty-first century to be with Angela and their adopted family. Alex Polchak ( Richard, Duke of York) - Chip's younger brother. As one of the missing children of history, Alex has been adopted by different people than Chip. Less is known about Alex as he appears later in the first book and less personal information is given. His past is restored in Sent with Chip's. A difficult subject matter, but written superbly. Plot, characters, all very strong and very well researched. I've always loved Cally's writing, but this sets the mark. When Billy Wilkinson disappears in the middle of the night, his mother Claire and the rest of the family each blame themselves. Six months later and following a disastrous appeal, the family essentially begins to fall apart.

The Missing Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix from Simon The Missing Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix from Simon

The story doesn't so much focus on the official investigation of Billy's disappearance but more on the effect it has on the family and how they are desperate for answers. Haddix provides yet another satisfying adventure for young readers with her series, The Missing. As with Shadow Children and some of her other books, she brings a delightfully fun and intriguing plot to anyone’s library. Many children are guaranteed to enjoy such a fun story such as time travel, and the added suspense of finding and rescuing the missing children is certain to entertain and thrill. What follows is the harrowing account of Claire’s decent into psychological turmoil as she begins to experience fugue states. This makes for surreal reading, because it can actually happen and it’s frightening. The author has done a great job of staying true to Claire’s traumatic experiences, and they add a huge amount of tension to the story as you are in the dark as much as Claire is as regards what happens when she is in a fugue state.

Family drama thriller centred around 15 year old boy Billy. Billy has been missing for 6 months now, the police still don't have any leads and no one has heard from him. Claire (Mother) is unable to let go she continues her search for her son believing he is out there and still alive. This book focuses on the trauma of dealing with a missing teenage son/brother, family dynamics, lies, secrets and all sorts of shenanigans. Great mix of characters. It felt a little drawn-out in places, but was overall quite a fast paced read, despite being quite long. Definitely one I’d recommend to fans of character led mystery thrillers. I can't reasonably review this book without posting spoilers. So if you don't want to to see spoilers, don't read any more after the first paragraph. But really, it's not even about the spoilers. I'm just so angry over the ending. I was great with everything up until the end. Fun read, fast-paced, sort of cheesy with the thriller genre, nothing too horrible. I had a good time. I would have given this about 3 stars. Then the end happened. If you can imagine for a moment that your fifteen year old son goes missing in the middle of the night and you can't find him. This is what happened to Claire Wilkinson when her son Billy vanishes one night. Claire and the rest of the family search for Billy but he can't be found and the police have also drawn a blank. Billy has completely vanished so after he has been missing for six months the police call for an appeal in the hope that someone might come forward with fresh information. You would think this would be a great idea but on the day of the media appeal everything goes horribly wrong and the family gets unwanted newspaper coverage.

The Missing by C.L. Taylor | Goodreads

The translations were first published, under this title, by an unknown editor in The Lost Books of the Bible Cleveland 1926, but the translations had previously been published many times. Welcome to The Missing (Data) Book! Through this book you will learn concepts and tools to explore, consider, and deal with missing values in your data. What you will learn JB is a time traveler from the future, who helps Jonah and Katherine learn the rules of time traveling. Originally, he was the son of Albert and Mileva Einstein, but his mother sent him forward in time to a later period when his mental illness could be properly treated.

Rutherford Hayes Platt, in the preface to his 1964 reprint of The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden states:

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop