Letters to my Fanny

Letters to my Fanny

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In this book, Cherry reveals the things she wishes her mother had told her, through a series of hilarious anecdotes and excruciating confessions. I really would rate this a 4.5/5, and I do recommend it to anyone who wants to understand and start loving themselves and to just learn that you are not alone with your thoughts and emotions, as everyone goes through this. In a letter to Fanny, penned in October of 1819 and found in his altogether magnificent Selected Letters ( public library), Keats channels this commonest of human passions with uncommon potency and elegance of sentiment:

Letters to my fanny : Healey, Cherry, author : Free Download Letters to my fanny : Healey, Cherry, author : Free Download

It’ll be interesting to see how the book does – there will be more writing, that’s for sure, but whether it will be published or not is a different story! Warm, honest and heartfelt, Letters to my Fanny will have you gasping in recognition. Read more Details In 1819, Keats had an extremely rich year of creativity; he wrote “The Eve of St. Agnes,”“La Belle Dame Sans Merci,” and his six great odes, which include “Ode to a Nightingale,”“Ode on Indolence,”“Ode on Melancholy,” and “Ode on a Grecian Urn.” Princess of Wales, and an image of a letter to her brother Frank in the form of a poem, congratulating him on the birth of a son, and looking forward to the Austen women's move to Chawton -- these last explanation of ".zip" here. (Everything in the plain ASCII e-text may be considered in the public domain.) Lord Brabourne edition of Jane Austen's letters -- shorter table of contents

She’s a mother, a Diet Coke lover, a TV presenter and the kind of woman whose endearingly grotty sense of humour and coat hanger smile can turn a room of strangers into a fan girl orgy. Cherry Healey, whose book Letters to my Fanny ditches the Disney princess blather in favour of a more honest approach to being, well, a woman is definitely no pussy endorsed by my mother as follows: -- "Letters from Aunt Jane to Aunt Cassandra at different periods of This book is a love letter, to my body. In fact it's several letters - to every part from my brain to my belly. I spent most of my life hating by body. I forced it to survive on a diet of ham; I squeezed it into asphyxiating support pants; I accidentally cut my delicate area whilst trimming my lady garden. But now I've realized that it deserves some well overdue TLC.

Letters to my Fanny - Penguin Books UK

My sweet Girl—Your Letter gave me more delight than any thing in the world but yourself could do; indeed I am almost astonished that any absent one should have that luxurious power over my senses which I feel. Even when I am not thinking of you I receive your influence and a tenderer nature stealing upon me. All my thoughts, my unhappiest days and nights have I find not at all cured me of my love of Beauty, but made it so intense that I am miserable that you are not with me: or rather breathe in that dull sort of patience that cannot be called Life. My most recent came during Christmas and was one of the fastest I had experienced. It went from a few twinges in the morning to lying on the floor unable to go anywhere by lunchtime. My mum is so incredibly supportive – she’s quite traditional and definitely not someone to say or do anything too taboo but somehow she doesn’t bat an eyelid at my shenanigans – her attitude and unconditional love gives me the freedom to be completely honest. I hope my kids feels that.

Select a format:

You say you perhaps might have made me better: you would then have made me worse: now you could quite effect a cure: What fee my sweet Physician would I not give you to do so.

Letters - Poetry Foundation Selections from Keats’s Letters - Poetry Foundation

As someone who is in their late teenage years, I fully feel the pressure and stress that comes with the media in portraying the 'perfect body' and the sadness when you realise you 'don't fit' with it. Well, this book encourages people to embrace their flaws and to turn them into something they love about themselves. I have been reading lately an oriental tale of a very beautiful color. It is of a city of melancholy men, all made so by this circumstance. Through a series of adventures each one of them by turns reach some gardens of Paradise where they meet with a most enchanting Lady; and just as they are going to embrace her, she bids them shut their eyes they shut them and on opening their eyes again find themselves descending to the earth in a magic basket. The remembrance of this Lady and their delights lost beyond all recovery render them melancholy ever after. How I applied this to you, my dear; how I palpitated at it; how the certainty that you were in the same world with myself, and though as beautiful, not so talismanic as that Lady; how I could not bear you should be so you must believe because I swear it by yourself. I cannot say when I shall get a volume ready. I have three or four stories half done, but as I cannot write for the mere sake of the press, I am obliged to let them progress or lie still as my fancy chooses. By Christmas perhaps they may appear, but I am not yet sure they ever will. 'Twill be no matter, for Poems are as common as newspapers and I do not see why it is a greater crime in me than in another to let the verses of an half-fledged brain tumble into the reading-rooms and drawing-room windows. Rice has been better lately than usual: he is not suffering from any neglect of his parents who have for some years been able to appreciate him better than they did in his first youth, and are now devoted to his comfort. Why may I not speak of your Beauty, since without that I could never have lov'd you? I cannot conceive any beginning of such love as I have for you but Beauty. There may be a sort of love for which, without the least sneer at it, I have the highest respect and can admire it in others: but it has not the richness, the bloom, the full form, the enchantment of love after my own heart. So let me speak of your Beauty, though to my own endangering; if you could be so cruel to me as to try elsewhere its Power.

Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2021-10-27 00:06:42 Boxid IA40274203 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier

Selected Love Letters to Fanny Brawne - Academy of American Poets Selected Love Letters to Fanny Brawne - Academy of American Poets

What softer words can I find for you after this—what it is I will not read. Nor will I say more here, but in a Postscript answer any thing else you may have mentioned in your Letter in so many words—for I am distracted with a thousand thoughts. I will imagine you Venus tonight and pray, pray, pray to your star like a Heathen. Perhaps I am too vehement, then fancy me on my knees, especially when I mention a part of your Letter which hurt me; you say speaking of Mr. Severn 'but you must be satisfied in knowing that I admired you much more than your friend.' My dear love, I cannot believe there ever was or ever could be any thing to admire in me especially as far as sight goes—I cannot be admired, I am not a thing to be admired. You are, I love you; all I can bring you is a swooning admiration of your Beauty. I hold that place among Men which snub-nos'd brunettes with meeting eyebrows do among women—they are trash to me—unless I should find one among them with a fire in her heart like the one that burns in mine. You say you are afraid I shall think you do not love me—in saying this you make me ache the more to be near you. I am at the diligent use of my faculties here, I do not pass a day without sprawling some blank verse or tagging some rhymes; and here I must confess, that, (since I am on that subject,) I love you the more in that I believe you have liked me for my own sake and for nothing else. I have met with women whom I really think would like to be married to a Poem and to be given away by a Novel. I have seen your Comet, and only wish it was a sign that poor Rice would get well whose illness makes him rather a melancholy companion: and the more so as so to conquer his feelings and hide them from me, with a forc'd Pun.But I am running my head into a Subject which I am certain I could not do justice to under five years study and 3 vols octavo—and moreover long to be talking about the Imagination—[ . . . ] I am certain of nothing but of the holiness of the Heart’s affections and the truth of Imagination—What the imagination seizes as Beauty must be truth—whether it existed before or not—for I have the same Idea of all our Passions as of Love they are all in their sublime, creative of essential Beauty—In a Word, you may know my favorite Speculation by my first Book and the little song I sent in my last—which is a representation from the fancy of the probable mode of operating in these Matters—The Imagination may be compared to Adam’s dream—he awoke and found it truth. I am the more zealous in this affair, because I have never yet been able to perceive how any thing can be known for truth by consequitive reasoning—and yet it must be—Can it be that even the greatest Philosopher ever arrived at his goal without putting aside numerous objections—However it may be, O for a Life of Sensations rather than of Thoughts! It is ‘a Vision in the form of Youth’ a Shadow of reality to come—and this consideration has further convinced me for it has come as auxiliary to another favorite Speculation of mine, that we shall enjoy ourselves here after by having what we called happiness on Earth repeated in a finer tone and so repeated—And yet such a fate can only befall those who delight in sensation rather than hunger as you do after Truth—Adam’s dream will do here and seems to be a conviction that Imagination and its empyreal reflection is the same as human Life and its spiritual repetition. But as I was saying—the simple imaginative Mind may have its rewards in the repetion of its own silent Working coming continually on the spirit with a fine suddenness—to compare great things with small—have you never by being surprised with an old Melody—in a delicious place—by a delicious voice, felt over again your very speculations and surmises at the time it first operated on your soul—do you not remember forming to yourself the singer’s face more beautiful that it was possible and yet with the elevation of the Moment you did not think so—even then you were mounted on the Wings of Imagination so high—that the Prototype must be here after—that delicious face you will see—What a time! I am continually running away from the subject—sure this cannot be exactly the case with a complex Mind—one that is imaginative and at the same time careful of its fruits—who would exist partly on sensation partly on thought—to whom it is necessary that years should bring the philosophic Mind—such an one I consider your’s and therefore it is necessary to your eternal Happiness that you not only drink this old Wine of Heaven which I shall call the redigestion of our most ethereal Musings on Earth; but also increase in knowledge and know all things. How much more fun in life could I have had if I'd just stopped worrying so much and stopped beating myself up? You absorb me in spite of myself—you alone: for I look not forward with any pleasure to what is called being settled in the world; I tremble at domestic cares—yet for you I would meet them, though if it would leave you the happier I would rather die than do so. If you want to start getting into self-love books, and just feminist loving books in general, I really would recommend this as a beginners book. I hadn't read many full on feminist books before, I only tried to read fantasy books hoping they had a badass feminist storyline towards it, but naturally, most of them have the typical storyline trope which isn't exactly what I have in mind.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop