Heard on the Street: Quantitative Questions from Wall Street Job Interviews

Heard on the Street: Quantitative Questions from Wall Street Job Interviews

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I won’t post the answers here because 1) it’s better if you find a solution on your own and 2) to still give you an incentive to buy the book if you find these kind of questions interesting.

The revised 22nd edition contains 239 quantitative questions collected from actual job interviews in investment banking, investment management, and options trading. The interviewers use the same questions year-after-year, and here they are with detailed solutions! This edition also includes 264 non-quantitative actual interview questions, giving a total of more than 500 actual finance job interview questions. That being said, I’ve heard most of the questions before so you can probably just look up the answers on the internet if you’re really curious. The random Wall Street Oasis/QuantNet threads on these questions - here, here, here, here, here, here - One Glassdoor reviewer said that you should Forget about the green book - only do dice and card problems and scrape the whole glassdoor for Jane Street. The initial concentration of alcohol in the alcohol jug equals the initial concentration of water in the water jug (at 100%). What is the relationship between the final concentrations of alcohol in the alcohol jug and water in the water jug? Inspired by Jerry Qin, I decided to log my quant preparation as well. I've been going about it in an unstructured, indisciplined way so far, but have made progress (at the expense of other things), and thought that keeping a log of what I've accomplished should be helpful The Targets

A1,B3)和(B1,C3)不平衡,且(A1,B3)重(1.2解释AB不平衡所以C组整组都是平衡的,那现在有问题的在A1,B3,B1里。如果B3有问题,因为A组在1.2重于B组,所以B3轻,但是轻的B3换边后竟然会导致本边重,不合理,所以孤儿只能在A1和B1里。同时说明,要么是A1重,要么是B1轻。) The 12 marbles appear to be identical. In fact, 11 of them are identical, and one is of a different weight. Your task is to identify the unusual marble and discard it. You are allowed to use the scales three times if you wish, but no more. Note that the unusual marble may be heavier than the others, or it may be lighter; you do not know which. You are asked to both identify it and determine whether it is heavy or light.

If {(1)A, (3)A} and{(1)B, (3)B} are unbalanced, say {(1)A, (3)A} is heavier than {(1)B, (3)B}, then rotate group (3)A, (3)B and (3)C and compare grouping {(1)A, (3)B with {(1)B, (3)C} (while holding out {(1)C, (3)A}). If they balance, then a heavy marble is in (3)A and comparing any 2 marbles from within (3)A immediately locates the odd one. Suppose they do not balance. If {(1)A, (3)B} is heavy, then either (1)A is heavy or (1)B is light. Compare (1)A with (1)C to finish. If {(1)A, (3)B} is light, then (3)B is light and comparing any 2 marbles within (3)B immediately locates the light one. Heard On The Street is a collection of interview questions (and their answers) asked on Wall Street for quant positions. I never worked on Wall Street, so I cannot talk about whether the questions are indeed often used. I just read it for fun, kind of like puzzling, as most questions are of logical nature that can be answered in a really short elegant way.

Author's Notes: This is not a chemistry problem. Please ignore the fact that mixing a volume V1 of water with a volume V2 of alcohol results in a total volume less than V1+V2. Follow-up question: Repeat the mixing, and ask the same question. Now do it again, and again, and ask the same question.) Do not need any calculatiosn at all. In fact, the only reason for any calculation is if you also want to find out what the final concentrations are. Split the 12 marbles into 3 groups of 4. Each group of 4 has 2 subgroups: 1 singleton and 1 triplet -> {(1)A, (3)A}, {(1)B, (3)B}, {(1)C, (3)C} Here is how it works. At the end of the process, both jugs contain the same volume of fluid as they did at the start. The only way for the concentration of alcohol (for example) to have changed from 100% is if some water was displaced by alcohol. Volume is conserved (both total volume and volume in each jug), so all that has happened is that identicfal quantities of water and alcohol have traded places (and these identicfal quantities are sightly less than Q). By symmetry, the concentrations of alcohol in the alcohol jug and water in the water jug must be identical. This final result is true no matter how many times you repeat the experiment. Suppose I inscribe a circle within a square so that the circle just touches the four sides of the square. Suppose there is exactly enough room to fit a rectangle of dimensions 5*10 into one corner of the square so that the rectangle just touches the circle. See figure. What is the side length of the square?

You are given a set of scales and 12 marbles. The scales are of the old balance variety. That is, a small dish hangs from each end of a rod that is balanced in the middle. The device enables you to conclude either that the contents of the dishes weigh the same or that the dish that falls lower has heavier contents than the other. Deciding on your targets helps you with prep: some companies have different styles/rounds of interviewing, and there's no one size fits all. With that said, here are aJane Street's Puzzles - If anything, these are a level above what I think will be asked on the interview. Absolutely a pleasure to sink your teeth into: need both deep insight and flexible thinking to solve. Some of the relevant ones are of time Fischer spent on the escalator: time Myron spent on the escalator -> (20/25) : (2/3) -> =1.2 =k, 然后带进去算x得D Starting with the 22nd edition, questions that appeared in (or are likely to appear in) traditional corporate finance job interviews are indicated with a bank symbol in the margin (71 of the quant questions and 192 of the non-quant questions). This makes it easier for corporate finance candidates to go directly to the questions most relevant to them. Most of these questions also appeared in capital markets interviews and quant interviews. So, they should not be skipped over by capital markets or quant candidates unless they are obviously irrelevant.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop