Siddiqui Brown Rum, 40 percent ABV, 70 cl

Siddiqui Brown Rum, 40 percent ABV, 70 cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Siddiqui Brown Rum is distinctive and some people may enjoy this profile. However, I would expect this to be largely people not to familiar with rum.

I sometimes wonder how influential Siddiqui has been over the last half century,’ says brand owner Nigel Brown, who is about to oversee the global launch of the spirit drinks.

Siddiqui Rums From Penderyn Distillery

The recipe originated in The Blue Flame manual that everyone followed, and the recipes have been perfected ever since.’ The only information I have been able to find on Siddiqui Brown Rum is that it is aged in American Oak and is an aged version of their white rum. Quite how long it is aged is I don’t know. Neither can I find any information on their white rum. Roffe said: “I’m thrilled to be joining the Penderyn Distillery brand. Penderyn is already making huge leaps and bounds on the global spirits markets. They are a brand-driven by enormous ambition. It’s exciting to be working with such an innovative team delivering success after success.” Penderyn will distribute these rums worldwide, but for retail customers in the UK, Siddiqui Brown Rum can be bought online here.

It’s a big ask, but for tens of thousands of people who worked in the deserts of the Middle East over the last 68 years, the word ‘Siddiqui’ will conjure up images of hot and heavy work under clear Arabian skies, and chilled evenings around the fire with the tranquil Persian Gulf ahead and star-strewn skies above. Sipping Siddiqui Brown Rum, is an even woodier experience. To be honest its not terribly pleasant. Bitter woody oak and oak chips fly out at you. Despite this it has a quite a soft and easy going mid palate. Once the oak and wood fade out the sweetness comes out a little more but its still not wowing me at all. Some of these rums may be difficult to find in the US. The Australian rums are often available from UK or Australian internet vendors. To me, it's "a hint of home, with some much more mature (and less lighter-fluid-esque), refined, spiced-rum-like flavours". It's a flavoured white or gold rum. Nothing Whiskey about it imho. Also, it doesn't reflect the few genuine brown siddiquis I've had (which, being honest, were horrible) Cachaça is a Brazilian spirit that is made from sugarcane juice that has been fermented and distilled. Stylistically, it is similar to Rhum Agricole and features intense fruit flavors, along with green vegetative and herbal notes.

Your browser is not supported

As a mixer its not going to win any awards from me either. Mixed with cola and ginger beer it just gives a smoky flavour and little else. Maybe a touch of wood. It just turns your cola into a smoky woody cola. Vok is one of Australia’s largest beverage companies. The Inner Circle Cask Strength rum weighs in at an incredible 75.9% ABV. It offers up powerful aromas of caramel and molasses, along with dried fruit notes of raisins, apples and prunes, stone fruit and orange zest. There are spice notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, along with some dark chocolate and walnut.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop