Axiom's End: 1 (Noumena)

Axiom's End: 1 (Noumena)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I doubt that Lindsay herself will ever read this review, but if she does I just want to say thank you.

Well, I know that,” said Cora, unconsciously bopping along to “Fergalicious,” her movements restrained by her too-small business casual button-up shirt. Until an asteroid strikes down near Los Angeles in the exact same spot that an earlier asteroid which caused the conspiracy to begin with. The transients, a sister species to the amygdalines that can quickly deplete a planet's resources, are implied to be on Earth. The car was a manual transmission with a stick shift its previous owner had wrapped in duct tape years ago, a time bomb the color of expired baby food that should have gone off sooner than it did. Suspenseful and inventive, but also funny and full of action, Axiom s End remixes the Hollywood alien-invasion playbook.She whirled around, scanning the mostly empty cubicles, half expecting the Town Car guys around any corner to throw a bag over her head and stuff her in their trunk. Notorious Parent: Cora's father Nils Ortega is the single most wanted but influential man in the book's universe. If I had to describe it without giving too much away, I would say this is the best Transformers fanfic I've ever read. Since she can't lift him and she thinks it's a bad idea to leave an alien corpse in a random parking garage anyway, she just drives off with him still in the back of the van.

Ellis handles these exciting questions about humanity, personhood, communication, expression, and our place in the universe, with exceptional wit and empathy. Obelus abducts Cora and the other amygdalines as insurance in exchange for Ampersand bringing Obelus the Genome.The tenderness that this alien creature shows this young woman is so genuine and earnest that that was the moment I realised that these two could fall in love. There are still a lot of interesting plot twists and the weirdness of the aliens is maintained through their technology and weapons; when two of the aliens come into conflict, Ellis successfully portrays the idea of humans interfering as being akin to a gnat trying to stop a jet fighter dogfight. The fan belt was just the last in a long line of events that only tightened the spiral of powerlessness that was coming to define her existence, and by this point, she was getting used to it. In any other circumstances, Demi would have told Cora she was shit out of luck, that she should have gotten the car fixed months ago, and that she could find her own damn way up to downtown LA.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop