Open Circuits: The Inner Beauty of Electronic Components

Open Circuits: The Inner Beauty of Electronic Components

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It has several layers of protection: a clear varnish over the windings, a light-green coating around the solder joints, and a striking green outer coating to protect the whole component and provide a surface for the colorful stripes that indicate its inductance value. Produced annually, this compendium highlights a selection of work from the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning and design, and design engineering. This ended up on my radar while I was looking for nonfiction with a good combination of visuals and info. After the leads are attached, the films are rolled up and dipped into an epoxy that binds the assembly together. Although everything was beautiful and more interesting than I expected, my favorite chapter was probably the electromechanics one.

Photographic books are almost as old as photography itself, and the city is one of their first and more recurring themes. One of the standout features of this book is the quality of the photography, which showcases the beauty and inner workings of electronic components with incredible detail and clarity. Some of his better-known projects include the MOnSter 6502 (the world's largest 6502 microprocessor, made out of individual transistors) and the Snark Barker (a retro recreation of the famous Sound Blaster sound card). Follow the history of the Boston Marathon and the architectural gems that grace the Copley Square/Back Bay area where the race ends. A ceramic rod is coated with a fine layer of resistive film (thin metal, metal oxide, or carbon) and then a perfectly uniform helical groove is machined into the film.Reading this cover-to-cover reminds me of going to the library as a kid and loading up on books about all sorts of different subjects so I could flip through the pages to see pictures of machines and buildings and what-not and learn about them. Through eight interwoven stories, John Cardina offers a fresh perspective on how these tenacious plants came about, why they are both inevitable and essential, and how .

While it will definitely be a "geek coffee table book" for me, I would very much have appreciated it when I was 12 years old and first getting into electronics (though this particular book would have been about half the length, 7-segment LEDs were a Cool New Thing at that point. Enjoy more free content and benefits by creating an account Saving articles to read later requires an IEEE Spectrum account The Institute content is only available for members Downloading full PDF issues is exclusive for IEEE Members Access to Spectrum's Digital Edition is exclusive for IEEE Members Following topics is a feature exclusive for IEEE Members Adding your response to an article requires an IEEE Spectrum account Create an account to access more content and features on IEEE Spectrum, including the ability to save articles to read later, download Spectrum Collections, and participate in conversations with readers and editors. The negative terminal, or cathode, is formed by a thin layer of conductive manganese dioxide coating the pellet.

The book covers passive components (resistors, capacitors, inductors), semiconductors (individual transistors, diodes, chip packages), electromechanical parts (switches), cables and connectors (including jacks), retro technology (Nixie tubes) and composite devices (MicroSD cards, credit chip cards). This is a visually stunning and highly informative book on the inner workings of electronic components. As a comparison to the ceramic disc capacitor and looking at 21st century technology, would love to see a picture of a MultiLayer Ceramic Capacitor (MLCC) that has over 400 layers of ceramic about 1 to 2 microns thick.

It’s interesting to compare the messiness of the way analog components were manufactured compared to the microscopic precision of digital devices. From resistors to LEDs, USB cables to headphone jacks, stepper motors to nixie tubes, the book's arresting imagery transforms more than 130 components into delightful works of art. This book is a work of art in its own right, offering readers a close-up look at the intricate details of various circuit boards and components, including a detailed cross-section of popular electronic components. Artist Moki branches out into new mediums in her latest monograph, which features flat yet evocative images picked out in black, white and many tones of unpainted wood that serves to make its audience question their own definition of shelter. I sectioned the glass envelope and the electron gun separately – each took several hours to wet sand.

A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This high-stability film resistor, about 4 millimeters in diameter, is made in much the same way as its inexpensive carbon-film cousin, but with exacting precision. Other types of film capacitors are made by stacking flat layers of metallized plastic film, rather than rolling up layers of film.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop