DURAN DURAN save a prayer, 7" single, EMI 5327

DURAN DURAN save a prayer, 7" single, EMI 5327

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Eagles of Death Metal Performs 'Save a Prayer' With Duran Duran Days Before Paris Shootings: Watch - Billboard". Billboard. Cover art for the single was designed by Assorted iMages, which features the shadow of John Taylor, which was a flipped image taken from a still frame of the first few seconds of the music video. Save a Prayer" was not originally issued as a single in the United States, although the music video was very popular on MTV. An edited concert single version from "Arena" was finally released in the U.S. in January 1985 and reached number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100. Hunt, James (17 September 2021). "Every Song In Sex Education Season 3". Screen Rant . Retrieved 19 September 2021.

Duran Duran – Save a Prayer Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Duran Duran lead singer Simon Le Bon wrote the lyric to "Save A Prayer" while the band was on tour. The song revolves around a chance meeting between two people that flares into a one-off sexual encounter. Le Bon described the lyric as "realistic, and not romantic." Yes, there are two or three nice patches and the airy feeling, and the video shot at an exotic location Lyrically, the single highlighted the beautiful aspects of a casual fling, elevating something people might consider crass into a sweet romantic dalliance. Duran Duran's protagonist reassures a crush object that the night will be worth it: "And you wanted to dance so I asked you to dance / But fear is in your soul / Some people call it a one-night stand but we can call it paradise." And don't feel guilty about giving into pleasure, as the chorus notes: "Don't say a prayer for me now. Save it 'til the morning after."

And this was a slower sequence, so it had the space in the music for the delay in between it. It really just sounded hypnotic and magical." For good measure, he then figured out a complementary melody line on the Roland Jupiter-8 synthesizer. This is said to the late husband by a third part (never named), who encourages him to pass on. Because life will eventually continue. The phrase "holds guard" refers to the ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/… ) which is a Christian ceremony held after someone dies. Now it is usually held right after the funeral, but in most celtiic countries the wake is held before the funeral. The midtempo No. 2 smash was a departure, as Duran Duran's previous singles were all geared for the dance floor. The song was an outlier on Rio, too: "Save a Prayer" was a moody ballad driven by lush, pirouetting keyboards and acoustic guitars, and a rhythm section that propelled the song forward with nuanced grooves.

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer Lyrics | SongMeanings Duran Duran - Save A Prayer Lyrics | SongMeanings

Taylor, Andy (2008). Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran. London: Orion Publishing Group. pp.102–04. ISBN 978-0-7528-8338-0. Josh Homme and Jesse Hughes Detail Eagles of Death Metal LP ZIPPER DOWN, Share Bonkers Cover". Pitchfork. 17 June 2015. In 2009, British singer-songwriter Kate Walsh released a cover version of the song on her album Peppermint Radio.Save a Prayer" is the sixth single by the English new wave band Duran Duran, released on 9 August 1982. The song was the third single taken from their second album Rio (1982). It became Duran Duran's biggest hit (at the time) on the UK Singles Chart, reaching number two. As of October 2021 "Save a Prayer" is the sixth most streamed Duran Duran song in the UK. [2] Video Version: at approximately 4:41 "Save a prayer 'til the morning after" is repeated twelve times until fade out. a b c d Marks, Craig; Tannenbaum, Rob (2011). I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution. New York, NY: Dutton. p. 120. ISBN 978-0-525-95230-5. Hi! I haven't posted on this forum for a very, very long time (if ever at all) but I thought I would share this with you, considering it has been discussed on many forums round the world, including this one: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... d4850e7cc8

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer | Releases | Discogs Duran Duran - Save A Prayer | Releases | Discogs

Save a Prayer was written in Birmingham, at the Rum Runner club. We were up in our rehearsal room, and I'd gone in early one day because I had a new piece of gear, a Roland Space Echo; and I wanted to figure out how it worked. So I played a little sequencer into my synth, just so that I had something that would go around and around and around. And I found a setting where I could actually get the delays completely in time; which sort of almost doubled the tempo of the notes that I had. I thought "that's actually quite interesting". And I could hear a melody in my head, so I started finding the notes. And that was the synthesised flute part.Duran Duran – Save a Prayer %5BSpecial Edited Version%5D" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 20 November 2020. The only story about this one is that I was obsessed by a song in the seventies when I was a little boy called If You Could Read My Mind. Does anyone know that song, by Gordon Lightfoot? You know, "bout a ghost from a wishing well" "if you could read my mind, love" and you know there's that bit [sings this part] "don't say a prayer for me now" [from Save A Prayer, not If You Could Read My Mind] well it kinda comes from [singing again, getting you to hear how close the melody is] "and you won't read that book again" It actually inspired two songs, two Duran Duran songs and this is one of them, this is Save A Prayer" While perched on a branch over a lagoon and miming playing his guitar, an intoxicated Andy Taylor fell into the water. He accidentally swallowed some, and had to be hospitalised during the band's subsequent Australian tour due to a tropical virus he contracted at that time. The band members all initially refused to do the scene where an elephant sprays water from its trunk onto one of them due to its homoerotic overtones; they finally settled on John Taylor since he was the band's pin-up boy. He would be teased about it for years afterwards. [9] "I didn't care," he wrote in 2012. "I loved it. It is one of my most treasured memories." [12]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop