Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection [Blu-ray] [1962] [Region Free]

Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection [Blu-ray] [1962] [Region Free]

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I was in Zurich in 1968 and 1969,” says Harlan, now aged 82, “looking for relevant material, books and drawings, simply everything I could find on the period from the French Revolution until The Congress of Vienna in 1815. Own 7 ground-breaking films and a revealing documentary* in one stunning limited-edition collection. In these unpublished ‘outtakes,’ we see that Kubrick frequently imitated the dark, brooding style of the Hollywood film noirs he so admired,” says Corcoran.

Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love

A handpicked selection of stories from BBC Future, Culture, Capital and Travel, delivered to your inbox every Friday. A collection of great films by a seminal film maker encased in gorgeous packaging with some fun and worthwhile extras included.I purchased whilst on sale, and it appears it’ll remain a discounted product so it’s definitely worth it. A fiery Kirk Douglas stars as a World War I French colonel who goes head-to-head with the army’s ruthless top brass when his men are accused of cowardice after being unable to carry out an impossible mission. S. President Merkin Muffley, who must deliver the very bad news to the Soviet premier; and the titular Strangelove himself, a wheelchair-bound presidential adviser with a Nazi past. New video interviews with Kubrick’s longtime executive producer Jan Harlan, Paths of Glory producer James B.

Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection Blu-ray Review Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection Blu-ray Review

Stanley only had a pre-production agreement with MGM,” says Harlan, “an agreement to make a plan, schedule and budget. I’d seen the films before on TV, VHS tapes, the DVDs and now the Blus arrive and the question arises – do you upgrade your treasured set of Kubricks? This is a great set for anyone who is looking to watch Kubrick's back catalogue of films in HD with some great bonus features to match. When Kubrick started out selling his photos, he sometimes staged them with his friends on subway platforms or in movie theatres,” says Corcoran.Featuring a stunning meld of music and motion, the film was also Oscar-nominated for Best Director, Art Direction and Writing. Ready to catch a train to his hometown, a washed-up boxer tells us about the strange and twisty events that happened to him the past couple of days. stars as Jack Torrance, who's come to the elegant, isolated Overlook Hotel as off-season caretaker with his wife (Shelley Duvall) and son (Danny Lloyd).

Was Napoleon the greatest film never made? - BBC Culture Was Napoleon the greatest film never made? - BBC Culture

Kubrick then directed two Hollywood films starring Kirk Douglas: Paths of Glory (1957) and Spartacus (1960). There is awit and invention in every film; you only have to be swept up in the Steadicam shots as we follow Danny Lloyd trundling through the empty corridors of the Overlook hotel, or the brilliant first scene showdown between James Mason and Peter Sellers in Lolita to know that Kubrick was gracious, yet demanding with his films and the rewards are many. Also included are a set of 7 Art Cards of the Original Film Posters which are of high quality as well as an exclusive Booklet Of Stills from the films.With a career spanning more than seven decades, Kirk Douglas has long since earned his place among the most luminous figures in Hollywood history. Causing major controversy when first released, the film garnered four Academy Award nominations - Best Picture, Best Director, Best Film Editing and Best Screenplay - and is number 4 on AFI's Top 10 List of Best Science Fiction films of All Time. Stanley Kubrick's dazzling, Academy Award-winning achievement (Special Visual Effects) is an allegorical puzzle on the evolution of man and a compelling drama of man vs. A Manhattan doctor embarks on a bizarre, night-long odyssey after his wife's admission of unfulfilled longing. And the end-of-the-’60s’ 2001: A Space Odyssey remains his opus, and still casts a looming shadow over movies today.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop