Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt: The epic conclusion to the Seven Sisters series (The Seven Sisters, 8)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt: The epic conclusion to the Seven Sisters series (The Seven Sisters, 8)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Ir dar pagalvokim logiškai. Ateina random žmogus į vaikų namus ir sako, aš turiu jau penkias mergaites, noriu šitos, šią nakt galiu pasiimti ją ir išskristi? O taip žinoma. Paplekšnojam per petį ir atiduodam vaiką. Tiesiog skamba idaeliai. Tikrai jokio įtarimo negali sukelti. Ir čia ne viduramžiai, o 1982metai. Siaubingai erzino, kad net paskutinėj daly esmė – nuo ko ir kodėl Atlantas visą gyvenimą slapstėsi, užlaikyta vos ne iki paskutinių puslapių. O kol nežinai, kas iš tiesų tokio siaubingo nutiko jo gyvenimo pradžioj, visą tą jo slapstymąsi galima pavadint tik šizofreniko klajonėm. Neradau jokio realaus pagrindo, kad jį iš tiesų kažkas medžioja po visą pasaulį, o visą gyvenimą laikytis įsitvėrus baimės iš vaikystės – mažų mažiausiai kvaila. Finalinė akistata su persekiotoju man net buvo komiška: maždaug, tu visą gyvenimą praknisai dėl to? I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts on this one. For those that are not familiar, author Lucinda Riley sadly passed away in 2021 prior to completing this book which is the final installment of the Seven Sisters series. She had been approached many years before by a production company wanting the film rights to The Seven Sisters and they wanted to know how the story would end, so she had assembled her thoughts into a document and shared them with her son, Harry Whittaker, to complete the book in the event she was unable to. A magnificent ode to the most magical things in this world that can transform our lives: family, friendship, kindness, generosity, and relentless hope.

This book spans roughly 80+ years and many continents, so as expected it is full of drama. I love the premise of this series and although it requires the reader to throw plausibility out the window, overall it is an entertaining series and this final installment concluded with all of my questions being answered. That being said, I struggled a bit with a few of the plot points, but even more so with the dialogue which was unrealistic and felt robotic especially in the current timeline particularly the conversations between the sisters, but I also had this issue with the dialogue in “The Missing Sister”. As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has vowed to keep. But across Europe an evil is rising, and no-one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come when he must flee once more. Ir jei Atlantas taip ieškojo Elės, kodėl nesugalvojo ieškoti jos brolio? Gal ji su juo susisiekus buvo? Čia suprasit ką turiu omeny. Oho, visai kaip rašytojas, įnešu intriga, kur nereikia. Me ha encantado la manera de ir conectando la vida de Pa Salt con las personas que acabarán siendo la familia de cada una de sus hijas adoptivas. Es un viaje vital muy largo pero interesantísimo que te atrapa de la primera páginas y que deja resueltas todas las incógnitas que a lo largo de los siete libros previos fueron surgiendo. Quién era Pa Salt, de dónde procedía él y su gran fortuna, cómo llegaron a trabajar para él todo ese elenco de personajes secundarios que tan fieles e importantes fueron para él y sus hijas, quién es ese enemigo que aparece desde la primera novela (Kreeg Eszu) y qué podía tener en contra de Pa Salt. En fin... que todo, absolutamente todo tiene respuesta en este libro.

General

Antes de que nadie lo pregunte, este libro NO se debe leer (porque poder, obviamente se puede) sin haber leído los anteriores porque perderían toda su gracia y las muchas sorpresas que esta octava novela va revelando a quienes llegan a ella después de conocer el origen de Maia, Ally, Star, Cece, Tiggy, Electra y Merry.

Pa Salt is a character who amassed a fortune but towards the end of his life, the sisters realise they hardly know much about him, so this book is the story of how he became the man he is and what motivated him to adopt the girls. Each one from a different part of the world and one Sister in particular held his heart for reasons that will become clear…. I rarely shed a tear when reading novels, but confess this is one book that had me sobbing at the end. I think the culmination of this much-loved series coming to a close, the passing of the author before the end and the final parting scene which had all the feels got me! Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt was a most fitting tribute a once in a lifetime series and dearly missed author. O prie visa šito ir jau taip durnai skamba tas persekiojimas. Nes jo priešas staiga tampa irgi superduper milijonierius, tai common ..jei tave norėtų užversti, spec. Pro samdytųsi. O gal tu pagaliau apsaugą pasisamdyk. O gal permąstyk paskutinius dešimtmečius. Ar tikrai tave persekioja? Ar yra kokių tam rodiklių? Tiesiog gal jau atsipalaiduok? Oh dear why did I do this? I began this series many years ago and have invested countless hours reading the eight large tomes that comprise the Seven Sisters. I actually enjoyed the first two or three as interesting, easy reads - pure entertainment. However, for me, the series deteriorated as it progressed so that the last two books were absolutely frustrating, full of overblown stereotypes, plot holes, and some poor writing. All of that said I still held some affection for the basic premise, the original idea that obviously underpinned these novels. According to this article: https://www.mindfood.com/article/luci... Her son Harry Whittaker whom she had co-written other books with, will finish the 8th book, of Pa Salts story that Lucinda had started writing. She was apparently battling cancer, and knew there was a chance she could not finish the book herself, so she told Harry the secrets of the story and where she wanted it to go. It is set to be published spring of 2023.The book is filled to the brim with awkward situations. Like when at the end the old guy is presented with Bear. A non-biological peepsqueek in diapers, but the son of one of his starry girls. While his grown-up biological grandson is competely ignored. But, hey, it’s all about the sisters right?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop