Mark Laita: Created Equal

Mark Laita: Created Equal

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Do you remember Clarence Thomas’ Supreme Court hearings in 1991? I do; it was one of my first years teaching and I remember watching the hearings after getting home from work. I would listen to Anita Hill and think she sounded reasonable. Then I listened to Thomas and thought he seemed reasonable.

I agree that one must finish school, get a job and wait to have kids. It's a good recipe for success. However, we still don't have an applied answer to ignorance and violence. Or we just like being led by the nose by a hate-filled sensationalized press? He’s done it again! Ben Carson has written another great book that sheds light on an important subject. Not only have his gifted hands been used to bring healing to many, his service to America has also brought a perspective that has the potential of bringing unity to what has been too long a divide across our nation. Ben and Candy Carson have lived the American Dream and are bright examples of those who overcome. Their story challenges others to grasp the truth that God breathed life into the human race— created equal—in His likeness, for the purpose of glorifying Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who desires all people to come to salvation in Him through obedience, demonstrating love toward all.”— Franklin Graham, president and CEO of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Samaritan’s Purse

19. Showgirl / Librarian

In a podcast with Koncrete KLIPS, Latia recounted that a police officer of Rayleigh County had led him to the Whittakers. It happened while he was in pursuit of subjects for his Created Equal book that was about the “diverse portraits of different kinds of people in America such as astronauts to ballerinas to politicians to drug addicts to polygamist.” Today, the family of four lives still lives together in their renovated home and has four well-fed pet dogs. They have two known brothers, Kenneth and Larry, who are comparatively well-spoken and lives nearby. Larry also has a daughter named Betty, who could possibly be named after her aunt. Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in His Own Words" was an excellent book. It is written in the format of interviews with Thomas, and follows him throughout his life. Thomas was born in 1948 near Savannah, Georgia. Early on, his grandparents took him and his brother in, when their single mom struggled to raise them. One interesting point Thomas made was that rural poverty, as experienced with his grandparents, was very livable, while his mother’s urban poverty with its squalor was awful. Clarence and his brother each put all their belongings into a paper bag and walked from their mom’s to their grandparents’ to live: “the longest and most significant journey I ever made because it changed my entire life.” Dr. Carson’s Created Equalbrilliantly reveals the destructiveness of false divisions in society through his moving conversation on education, faith, race, and values in America."— Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Overall, I really enjoyed this book and the style it was written in. Most of the biographies I read could stand to let their living subjects talk out their story of their life with an interviewer guide. Thomas' ideas of libertarianism and Ayn Rand and Thomas Sowell were personal highlights and it's interesting to see how a classical Republican like Thomas parallels with a radical freedom/liberty libertarian Republican like Ron Paul.

Created Equal is a book that speaks truth to power and is so very needed in today’s divided society. Dr. Carson’s sensible solutions and advice should be heeded by all Americans that wish to see our nation united once again." A year later, in a follow-up video of the same title posted on Latia’s channel on July 24, 2021, Betty confirmed that their parents were double first cousins. The father, John Whittaker, had worked as a coal miner while the mother, Gracie, had stayed home and looked after their 16 children. Dr Carson’s life story proves that through the promises of America and consistent hard work, we are not destined to be defined by our challenging circumstances, but rather can pursue happiness and exhaust our potential as was intended by our Creator.”— John Rich, singer and songwriter Thomas married in his 20s and had a son, Jamal. He and his wife divorced, and later he met and married his current wife, Virginia “Ginni.” He seems very sweet, speaking so kindly of her and she of him. She was from Nebraska, and he, a sports fan, decided then to become a fan of Nebraska teams. Early in their marriage, he was nominated to the Supreme Court by President George Bush. This came as a big surprise to him. He talks of preparing for his hearings, and how those helping would never ask him about Roe v. Wade since they knew that would come up, and they wanted him to honestly say he hadn’t been asked/prepared about that topic ahead of time. The grueling hearings took 8 days and the Thomases were relieved when they ended. He speaks of Joe Biden, who was in charge of the hearings. Biden had called Thomas and said he would be his biggest supporter, etc — which did not end up happening in real life.

15. Vegetarian / Butcher, 1999 / 2004

Referring to a Bible quote of, I’m going to be the best slave ever as a motivational phrase, is preposterous! And definitely a window of the disturbance of how this author thinks. Just go with the flow.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop