City of Dreams: Don Winslow

City of Dreams: Don Winslow

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Now he’s heading up to Hollywood to rein in two of his crew, who are shaking down a film being made about their involvement in the New England crime war. It’s a deal that is difficult to pass up, particularly when the fed contact suggests that the lives of all of his Irish friends and family would be in serious jeopardy should he refuse. To access you ebook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose. He’s grounded the first two novels in his trilogy in allusions to Virgil’s “Aeneid,” the Latin epic about the Trojan Wars started by, well, isn’t it always a beautiful dame?

He and a few buddies steal millions of dollars’ worth of the Morettis’ heroin, which he dumps into the ocean. This is a thrilling ride, packed with tough guy bravado, loveable but still scary bad guys and enough blood and guts to please the most crime family loving reader.The opening chapter of Don Winslow’s “City of Dreams” could be the setup for a classic Preston Sturges on-the-road movie. This is a well written, gripping and compulsive read from Winslow, with its high body count, a story of tragedy, family, loss, grief, love, and Hollywood. In the end, there is nowhere for any of these guys to turn because the old life is gone and the walls are all closing in on them. Not to be outdone though, back in Providence, the Morretis, winners of the war back there, fall apart in a series of tragedies, essentially taking out each other in an intra-family feud of epic proportions.

He made a dope deal with a corrupt FBI agent who was in league with the Morretis and, instead of making off with a fortune, he dumped ten million dollars of dope in the Long Island Sound. The audiobook version of this series is excellent and I would be shocked if the same narrator doesn’t finish up the series. Peter Moretti had set up the Murphy gang and they fell for what appeared to be an effective drug heist, but it backfired resulting with Ryan and his crew on the run and Moretti trying to recover millions of lost drugs. The story has no more violence than many other crime thrillers, but a sense of hopelessness progressively builds.His Power of the Dog trilogy blew me away (almost 3,000 pages for the trilogy and I still read every word). It’s concoction of grit and glamour, and a main character torn by his conflicting desires and nature, is intoxicating in Winslow’s hands. Tampoco me ha terminado de convencer del todo el cambio de escenario a California, prefería el Providence con sus muelles, astilleros, sindicatos y demás, es más acorde a lo que en mi mente es una organización de este estilo. Lastly, Reggie Moneta who is obsessed with killing Ryan even when she is told by higher ups to stand down telling associates she “wants Ryan delivered like KFC.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop