Band On The Run

Band On The Run

RRP: £27.65
Price: £13.825
£13.825 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

High Resolution 24bit 96kHz with no dynamic range compression [83] limited and unlimited audio versions of all 18 songs on the remastered album and bonus audio disc. Shortly before departing for Lagos, drummer Denny Seiwell and guitarist Henry McCullough left the group. The album cover photograph was taken at Osterley Park, west London, on 28 October 1973 by photographer Clive Arrowsmith. On the UK Albums Chart, Band on the Run climbed to number 9 on 22 December, [58] remaining there for a second week before dropping to number 13. In a combined review for Starr's concurrently released Ringo album, Charles Shaar Murray of the NME wrote: "The ex-Beatle least likely to re-establish his credibility and lead the field has pulled it off with a positive master-stroke of an album entitled Band On The Run.

Band on the Run Vinyl - Etsy UK Band on the Run Vinyl - Etsy UK

During that time, its chart performance similarly reflected the popularity of the two singles, with the album spending three weeks at number 2 in April, and six weeks at number 1 throughout August and the first week of September. So, imagine my devastation when the de facto leader of the group I was trying to break into, dismissed it outright – believe me if you weren't into Genesis or Jethro Tull at my school you might as well not have existed! Note: Original North American releases also contain " Helen Wheels" (running time 3:45) as track eight. Available at Rock's Backpages Archived 3 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine (subscription required).Also above, I purchased a picture disc version released in the states on Capitol in 1978, catalogue number SEAX 11901 . Jet" was issued on 28 January in America, with "Mamunia" as the B-side for the single's initial pressings, although this was soon replaced by "Let Me Roll It", which was the B-side for the UK release, on 15 February.

Band on the Run - AllMusic Band on the Run - AllMusic

Live favorites over the last 8 years of touring have included “Jet”, “Band on the Run” and “Let Me Roll It”. December 2010 - Fifth and final week visible in the chart sees BOTR drop out the official chart to number 93. The album topped the US album chart 3 separate times, won a Grammy and went on to sell more than 7 million copies.With the exception of Ringo's great _Ringo_ solo effort, this to me sounds the most Beatles of any of the solo projects. The musical achievement of Band on the Run is nearly matched by the amazing story behind its creation. For the Paul-haters of the world, listen to this album and make it through without tapping your foot, because you won't. Several classics, some cool stuff like "1985" (love that nasty synth, sounds like an ARP), and only "Mrs. Lagos), in Trident studios in London, and the orchestral sounds arranged by Tony Visconti were added at AIR studios, London.

Band on the Run - Wikipedia Band on the Run - Wikipedia

the front cover has a big circle cut-out and if you look closely you can see the track bandings on the disc. Final mixing on the album was completed over three days at London's Kingsway Studios in early November. Paul and I] made the album as though we weren't in a band, as though we were just two producers/musicians. Gotta give this its due: this is the apex of Paul's Wings sound, and it's pretty amazing that he was able to pull this off under the circumstances.I also have a few European copies and a Japanese copy which are all pretty to close to the UK Apple. In Britain, it came second in the year-end standings, behind the compilation The Singles: 1969–1973 by the Carpenters. Vote up content that is on-topic, within the rules/guidelines, and will likely stay relevant long-term. The original remastered album and bonus audio content will also be issued in a 2 disc 180gm audiophile vinyl edition that comes with an MP3 download of all 18 tracks. Five or ten more minutes spent on lyrics would have been a wise investment: "I want to tell you, and now's the time.

Band on the Run - Rate Your Music Band on the Run - Rate Your Music

As for the Columbia pressings, I have done some careful comparisons of all his output from his first LP through Speed Of Sound, and frankly don't find them that appealing, esp.The Rolling Stone reviewer of the 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition said that "the real action still lies in the original LP's revved-up pleasures". I mean "Jet" is iconic, "Band on the Run" is pretty fun and "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" has that awesome groove. I prefer the US album in that regards but find myself pulling out the UK for kicking back and listening. Early versions of the Capitol release fail to list "Helen Wheels" on the label or the CD insert, making the song a " hidden track".

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop