The Official Downton Abbey Cookbook (Downton Abbey Cookery)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Sole Florentine is easy to make, and very delicious. I liked the poaching in wine method the author advised. I used my leftover Champagne Jelly Prosecco for poaching (I still had some leftover after pouring myself a glass, also author advised ‘if the time of day is right.’

With a foreword by Gareth Neame, executive producer and co-creator of Downton Abbey, and featuring over 100 stunning color photographs, The Downton Abbey Cookbook also includes a special section on hosting Downton-themed dinner parties and presents stills from across the TV series as well as the latest film. Notes on the etiquette and customs of the times, quotes from the characters, and descriptions of the scenes in which the foods appear provide vivid context for the dishes.

Table of Contents

The Official Downton Abbey Cookbook with a foreword by Gareth Neame, Downton Abbey Executive Producer, will be distributed in North America by Simon & Schuster. I made all of these the same day, for the same dinner, to essentially create a ‘Downton Abbey Dinner for Two.’ Bake until the sausage is cooked through and the batter has puffed up and browned, about 45 minutes. At shooting lunches, generally served in a marquee, or tent, some distance from the house, it was hard to keep poultry or roasts warm, so serving them cold with a hot sauce was a good solution for hungry shooters who wanted a hot meal.

I’m a girl reared in southern Philadelphia area in a neighborhood of working class blue collar families so... I’d definitely be in the Downstairs grouping. While the meals/recipes presented for the upper class look good, I found more “comfort food” with the likings of Toad in the Hole or Cauliflower Cheese. Look at this,doesn't it resemble mac and cheese? There's a bit of mental disconnect when you get a forkful. I also had to put the jelly in the freezer for an hour because I didn’t see the part about the jelly being in the fridge for at least 8 hours. It worked, and the Champagne Jelly really does end up keeping the Champagne taste (or Prosecco in my case). The first official cookbook from the greatly acclaimed Downton Abbey franchise has been announced by Weldon Owen International, with an anticipated launch for Sept. 17. The recipes are grouped by occasion, which include breakfast; luncheons and suppers; afternoon tea and garden parties; picnics, shoots and race meets; festivities; upstairs dinner; downstairs dinner; downstairs supper and tea; and the still room.

Customer reviews

Gray has done extensive research on the meals included in the world of Downton Abbey and chosen those suited to a contemporary palate that can be replicated in today’s kitchens.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop