Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

All’improvviso le apparve Ade, la Dea degli Inferi, che si mostrò subito benevola e interessata alla motivazione del perché si trovasse proprio in quel luogo. A Persefone sembrò anche che la guardasse in modo lascivo, ma non era possibile perché non poteva certo piacerle una ragazzina inesperta, acerba e insignificante come lei. The flimsy attempts of the novel to improve Hades' image by trying to make everyone else seem crazy and abusive is kind of a lost cause. Throughout my reading period, when I wasn't feeling revulsion and disgust at the love interest we are supposed to root for, I cheered myself up by imagining Hades being fed into a woodchipper, and if you think that way about the love interest, something has gone very, very wrong. Also a good percentage of the book is about Persephone’s journey in the underworld and not the actual love story between her and Hades. I felt like this took away SO MUCH from the story because we never got to actually see them fall in love....and I’m still bitter because we didn’t get Hades POV.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is caleb, though he demands to be called master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him. Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-rc1-12-g88b4 Ocr_detected_lang fr Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9837 Ocr_module_version 0.0.14 Ocr_parameters -l fra Old_pallet IA-NS-2000490 Openlibrary_edition Her time with the US Air Force was for ten years, during which she went around the globe. When she finished with the Air Force, Roberts devoted her time to becoming a full-time author. Reading this book were my first steps into the sapphic dark romance trope. A couple of months ago I did read a M/F dark romance, but that was way more carnal and aggressive than Tan's Captive in the Underworld. I hated Demeter’s character so much, and Persephone’s devotion to her, despite her being constantly abused by her mother. This shows that our protagonist has a very weak personality, and has always been at the mercy of every person in her life. This doesn't change with Hades.A final note: This list is shorter than I originally intended. Though there are many dark romance books out there, there is a noticeable dearth of authors of color writing in this category. At some point a discussion needs to be had about privilege, and who gets to feel safe reading and writing these books given their subject matter. But this isn’t the place to have that conversation, nor am I the one qualified to lead it. Less Intense Dark Romances

Un libro del genere con dei TW così pesanti merita delle riflessioni più approfondite che delle stelline su Goodreads, soprattutto per non minimizzarne il contenuto. L'autrice, lo dimostrano le avvertenze all'opera, era consapevole di quello che stava scrivendo: nel libro sono presenti violenza e abuso, rapimento e stupro... come accade nel mito di Ade e Persefone. Alla fine, come in ogni retelling della storia in questione, si finisce per romanticizzare eccessivamente la relazione tra queste due figure controverse; l'importante è non romanticizzare gli abusi sessuali e giustificare questo tipo di violenza, che non è quello che fa l'autrice, anche se la chiusura alla sindrome di Stoccolma è scontata, visto l'evolversi del sopra citato mito.This book is for people who looked at the stalker-ish, non-con parts of Twilight and 50 shades and thought "Okay, but what if me made it CREEPIER?" urn:lcp:captiveindark0000robe:epub:29686ab7-b4c4-4e8d-9a66-a541cabf2045 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier captiveindark0000robe Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t9s30rx8h Invoice 1652 Isbn 9782290130162 You stole my heart, and now it beats, fragile and weeping, within your fist. I should despise you for that.” Tra le tematiche trattate c'è il rapporto difficile tra genitori e figli: Demetra e Persefone vivono una sorta di amore/odio, che si riversa nella loro relazione. Demetra a tratti appare come una madre scrupolosa, a tratti come possessiva ed egoista. Ciò nonostante, Persefone la difende in svariate circostanze. stars. I definitely understand why this has the rating that it does. It’s not going to be everyones thing but because I’m weird and an awful person it totally worked for me. Hades does some terrible, inexcusable things to Persephone that was hard to read about. This really isn’t a romance despite how it ends because so much of the book is Persephone genuinely hating Hades with a passion. She wants her, sure, but she hates that she does for the longest. These two are the definition of toxic but I have to say that I loved this book. It’s so dark and messed up but it was so addicting from beginning to end. I couldn’t put it down once I started it.

The whole book is a sadistic limbo of having a main character meet relentless cruelty on all fronts. I'm not new to dark romances nor stories mired with content warnings. There was just little to no rest from it on this one. My entire reading experience was so unpleasant that if I had a physical copy of this book, I'd burn it. This first book in Fantôme’s Kane trilogy is rough. Though not as dark as books further down this list, it’s definitely an emotional, sadomasochistic mess. When Tatum O’Shea was 18, she officially screwed up her life. One life-changing encounter with her sister’s scary boyfriend was all it took. Seven years later she runs into Jameson Kane again. He’s just as much of a selfish, soulless monster, and the connection between them is just as real. She calls him Satan, but when Jameson offers to pay for the pleasure of her company Tate doesn’t turn him down. She’s determined to prove that she’s grown up enough now to play games with the devil. Even if it destroys her. Truly Twisted Dark RomancesRemember that thing I said about revenge plots being a recurring feature in dark romances? Lake Monroe is a senior in High School, ands she should be worrying about the things that normal seniors about. Not the fact that her childhood tormentor of 10 years, Kieran Masters, is going to be released from juvi and rejoining the class for their final year. Not the fact that she’s the one who got him sent away, and soon he’s going to be free to do something about it. Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop