Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days

Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The focus is on ‘active recovery’ where both the volume and intensity of training is kept low, allowing the mind and body time to rest. Scheduling sleep is critical during this time, as well as understanding ancient and modern sports rehabilitation practices and the power of strength training and theories in evolutionary medicine to rebuild the durability of the joints, muscles and tendons. 2. WINTER (BASE) Not necessarily a large-scale expedition across miles, days, weeks or months, but rather an exciting experience that is typically a bold, sometimes risky, undertaking to avoid ‘spiritual decay’. This term was inspired by the 1956 book The Outsider by Colin Wilson who wrote, ‘A man has achieved his present position by being the most aggressive and enterprising creature on earth. And now he has created a comfortable civilisation he faces an unexpected problem ... the comfortable life lowers a man’s resistance so that he sinks into an unheroic sloth ... the comfortable life causes spiritual decay just as soft sweet food causes tooth decay.’ Grantham's Ross Edgely makes second attempt at longest non-stop lake swim". BBC News. 14 July 2023 . Retrieved 26 August 2023.

Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof - Yumpu [PDF] DOWNLOAD FREE Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof - Yumpu

The reason I say ‘recover’ was because after 157 days at sea for the Great British Swim, my body was bruised, battered and plagued with fatigue. And the reason I say ‘rebuild’ was because in many ways I was starting from scratch when it came to my training, and my road to recovery was going to be plagued with doubts, fears and concerns that I wanted to document with 100 per cent transparency. Needless to say, my short, stubby legs and English physiology was struggling in the snow and sub-zero temperatures, but despite being entirely out of my depth I had complete faith in my hosts and mentors. This is because reindeer herding is more than a profession for the Evenki of Siberia: it forms the very core of their culture and has done so ever since the first reindeer was domesticated and saddled over 400 years ago. This allowed the Evenki to travel in teams (known as brigades) over previously impenetrable lands in temperatures as low as –40°C, which is why over the years they are estimated to have covered an area of seven million square kilometres in Eastern Siberia.

What happened next is hard to describe, but there was a ‘pop’ followed by a ‘crunch’, which showed the procedure was working but not yet complete. Slumped into a comfortable mess by the fire, I was immediately surrounded by the brigade’s children who found my beard somewhat of a novelty act, as most Evenki are cleanly shaven. Happy to provide the evening’s entertainment, I then watched on as my brigade brethren celebrated long into the night with their loved ones, for a brutal but successful migration of the reindeer was now complete. It is generally accepted that a microcycle can range from a few days to 14 days in length ¹⁰ with the most common length being 7 days. ADVENTURE: 4 SEASONS – MESOCYCLE

Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in

Working, travelling and living in conditions that would kill most within a matter of hours, this land of extremes offers little room for error, and things can change from dangerous to outright deadly within seconds. But the thing that continued to amaze me about my Evenki brothers was their nomadic way of life had remained relatively unchanged for centuries, and not only had they learned to survive out here, they’d also learned to thrive.Ross Edgley has spent decades perfecting the principles and practice of extreme fitness to achieve the impossible. Following a career-threatening injury in 2018, Ross was forced to reassess his training and take the next steps in a lifelong journey of redefining what the human body is capable of. In Blueprint, Ross shares the cutting-edge training program that empowered him to rebuild his body from surgery and a doctor’s gloomy prognosis in just 365 days to complete a world record swim. I definitely took some good little “nugget” from this book. Also, another takeaway is that Ross is crazy, in a good way.

Blueprint - Ross Edgley - BookwiseOnline Blueprint - Ross Edgley - BookwiseOnline

Training volume refers to the total amount of work that you perform whether that’s running mileage, swimming distance or reps/sets during strength training. On the one hand, it seems to be in the spirit of resilience and research that Edgeley implicitly espouses to expect the reader to think for themselves and do the work *they* need to. But some people who are not as experienced and aware as they think they are, or just young and gung-ho, are inevitably going to be drawn to a book like this. a b "The 15,000 Calorie Diet Fuelling Ross Edgley's Swim Around Great Britain". Outdoorsradar.com. 16 October 2018 . Retrieved 24 February 2020. Although stress often comes with negative connotations, science shows a small dosage in our lives can often be a good thing as a catalyst for growth and provides a powerful motivation to act. This is based on the work of Hungarian physician Hans Selye (1950) who stated certain stress, which he called eustress (from the Greek prefix eu- meaning ‘good’), can be a motivating force to move faster, further and into uncharted territory where lives are enriched by new experiences. In fact, this type of stress empowers you to grow in three areas: His name was Nikolai Mikhailovich. Standing 5 ft 5 in tall and 65 years old, like most Evenki he was deceptively strong for his small frame and had been utterly weathered by the Siberian wilderness, years and miles of wisdom visibly etched into the wrinkles on his face. Not speaking a word of English (and with my grasp of the Evenki language still woefully poor) we relied heavily on the translation skills of his right-hand man, Vadik. At 53, he’d also been visibly shaped by the snow and ice throughout the years, but had previous experience assisting American scientists researching climate change throughout the Arctic in the late 1990s. Being very intelligent, he then self-taught himself English so he’d be better equipped to lead foreigners through his homeland and now, years later, he was doing it again with an utterly clueless (yet highly keen) Englishman.bičiukas tikrai žino kas yra “extreme adventure” ir kaip joms pasiruošti. Nuostabi knyga, kur tu buvai, kai mano galvoje viena po kitos rasdavosi mintys apie nuotykius, ekstremalius bėgimus ir t.t. O kaip pasiruošti, neturėjau jokio supratimo. Taip nuotykiai virsdavo išlikimu, o paskui ilgu atsigavimo laiko tarpu. This book has truly inspired me to strive for adventure, and to take on board the philosophical aspects mentioned as well as the physical ones to gain eudaimonia. Each mesocycle then targets a specific fitness component to improve (strength, speed, skill or stamina) and is often (logically) divided into autumn, winter, spring and summer. Adventurer and author awarded honorary degree at BGU Graduation Ceremony | Bishop Grosseteste University". www.bgu.ac.uk . Retrieved 2 August 2023.

Blueprint by Ross Edgley | Open Library

By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU. Again, not wanting to question years of proud Evenki tradition, I asked if we’d be using spoons, forks or any other kitchen utensils. In 2019, he received an honorary doctorate from Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) in Lincoln, [12] for his research into mental and physical resilience and continues to coach and lecture around the world in the science and psychology of adventure. [13] Swimming records [ edit ] The Great British Swim (2018) [ edit ] Edgley's support boat Hecate Record-breaking adventurer Ross Edgley gets honorary degree". BBC News. 24 July 2019 . Retrieved 14 March 2021.Yes, maybe not a large-scale expedition, but (whether biologically wired or not) everyone needs a small serving of risk, excitement and eustress within the great outdoors for reasons related to sports science, psychology and philosophy. From the early years of the ancient Olympics, athletes have followed a very simple but logical method of training. Sometimes training for up to 10 months before the Olympics, they would prepare, compete, relax, recover and repeat. ² This is periodisation in its most basic form as the athlete follows training phases (now called Preparatory, Competitive and Transition phases). What I learnt from climbing a rope repeatedly until I'd scaled the height of Everest". GQ. 28 April 2016 . Retrieved 24 February 2020. Halliday, Josh (4 November 2018). " 'It was brutal': Ross Edgley completes 157-day swim around Britain". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077 . Retrieved 31 January 2019.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop