A Strange and Stubborn Endurance: 1 (Tithenai Chronicles)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A complete joy to read. From the love story, to the slow healing of the main character, to the intricate mystery of the plot, Meadows has constructed a world to get lost in and this is a book to savour.”—Everina Maxwell, author of Winter's Orbit That Meadows manages to have a novel that details the slow healing that comes after trauma so beautifully and respectfully, while also making it a high-stakes political thriller, and then folds in a lovely and sweet slow-burn romance between two complex characters, each fearing their new situation while also falling heads over heels for their new husband only showcases why A Strange and Stubborn Endurance is such a triumph. Sexy and sweet, kind and at times funny, Meadows shows that you can have clearly stated boundaries and consent while also showcasing just how much a soul smolders when your crush enters the room. Their writing is especially beautiful as little by little, a healing Velasin comes to see joy in Cae’s love for life, his expertise and skill, just as much as Cae gives Velasin time to heal, only to notice how deeply his strict soldiering heart begins to melt for his new husband’s bravery and intellect, his thoughtful regard and biting tongue. You know the real deal when you see it. A Strange and Stubborn Endurance is that book and Foz Meadow is that author. I haven’t gobbled up a book so fast in years and in one sitting I knew that we have an author who has the potential to be a big deal for us. It’s an amazing fantasy with incredible characters and a male/male romance that is by turns sweet and sultry. It’s an unflinching exploration of trauma and healing, of gender and identity, and of how one comes to terms with self-worth, and on top of it all, a delicious mystery plotline that I didn’t solve until the big reveal—and THAT hasn’t happened to me in a very long time. I am so proud and excited to bring this author to our list!” A complete joy to read. From the love story, to the slow healing of the main character, to the intricate mystery of the plot, Meadows has constructed a world to get lost in and this is a book to savour." - Everina Maxwell

Reminiscent of Ursula K. Le Guin, An Accident of Stars will take you to a lush, magical new world.” – Laura Lam This marriage is off to a terrible start,” said Velasin—and just like that, the humour between them vanished. Cae swallowed hard and brought them to a halt, nodding awkwardly at the infirmary door.This latter surprised me greatly: while Father had as much respect for magecraft as any Ralian nobleman, he’d never had much interest in artistry or aesthetics, and while the magic underpinning the sculpture was truly impressive—a series of embedded cantrips which caused the carving of a great water serpent to glow, roar and even move when certain control words were spoken—it was hardly utilitarian. I ventured as much to Lady Sine, fishing to see whether she’d had to fight him over its acquisition, but she only laughed. JadePhoenix13 on Reading The Wheel of Time: Taim Tells Lies and Rand Shares His Plan in Winter’s Heart (Part 3) 3 hours ago

That will doubtless please my lord to hear,” said Lady Sine, and for a moment, her gaze was shrewd as Markel’s. “Though he might wonder at the occasion.” With the plot against them foiled and the city of Qi-Katai in safe hands, Velasin and Caethari have begun to test the waters of their relationship. But the wider political ramifications of their marriage are still playing out across two nations, and all too soon, they’re summoned north to Tithena’s capital city, Qi-Xihan, to present themselves to its monarch.Blending intrigue and queer romance, A Strange and Stubborn Endurance stitches together two cultures and re-embroiders gender conventions. Meadows combines the personal and political through an elegant voice, and finds time for tender moments of healing.”—E.J. Beaton, author of The Councillor I was very worried about miscommunication driving the plot. Though Vel and Cae don’t know how to communicate it felt like a realistic problem. They have known each other for a relatively short amount of time and both have a lot of healing and growing to do. That being said, I would have liked a bit more “happily ever after” time in this installment. All the Hidden Paths left me feeling conflicted. I had a lot of fun with it and read the entire book over the span of 18 hours. It was literally the first thing I did when I woke up in the morning. I had a very similar reading experience with A Strange and Stubborn Endurance. These books are compulsively readable with so much drama and tension that you can’t look away.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop