IsoAcoustics Gaia Series Isolation Feet for Speakers & Subwoofers (Gaia III, 32 kg max) – Set of 4

£99.475
FREE Shipping

IsoAcoustics Gaia Series Isolation Feet for Speakers & Subwoofers (Gaia III, 32 kg max) – Set of 4

RRP: £198.95
Price: £99.475
£99.475 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Optimal results are achieved by installing the GAIA isolators with the logo facing the listening position, or rotated 180 degrees, to align the isolators with the speaker’s motive forces. The GAIA III provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain alignment with the listening position. Lift and place the speakers into position as the GAIA lower isolators will adhere to the supporting surface.

The Gaia follows the same patented principles used in the Aperta, but rather than a speaker stand, it's a footer that screws into the bottom of the speaker's base, replacing the spikes or other footers provided by the speaker's manufacturer. Each of my Monitor Audio Platinum PL300 II speakers has a plinth with integral rubber pads, as well as optional spikes. I'd been using the spikes, but had some reservations about their effectiveness compared to the pads. I had no such reservations about the Gaias' effectiveness. They made an across-the-board improvement in the sound—almost as if Monitor had revised the PL300 II to a new model, the PL300 III. As I'd heard in IsoAcoustics' demo of their Aperta stands, there was a tightening of the bass, which also seemed to go deeper.Designed for floor standing speakers and subwoofers with a maximum weight of 220lbs (100kg), the GAIA I will provide more openness and clarity while reducing structural borne noise. the Gaia-enhanced player allowed clarity and resonance to orchestral bells, and greater clarity to the recording as a whole.

There were no snake oil claims in the product descriptions of vibranium, adamantium, or unobtainium alloys forged in the heart of a dying star and then cryogenically frozen for a thousand years to align Higgs Boson particles into some mythical object immune to the laws of physics. On the contrary, IsoAcoustics has performed tests of their products at the acclaimed National Research Council of (NRC) of Canada and publishes measurements of the differences their isolators make using a laservibrometer. Thanks to the spikes which supported by the LP turntable, the tube power amp & the KEF stand loudspeakers. In addition to imaging, the effect on bass notes was physically and audibly noticeable. The bass energy that was rattling through the hardwood floor, sofa, and surrounding objects was mastered. But here’s the important nuance to that statement. Bass was mastered without being emasculated. It’s as though the GAIA effectively neutered the deleterious effects of the room and furnishings while letting the music run free. It wasn’t so much room correction as it was isolation. There was no marking, scratching or residual impact on my hardwood floor. Even after months of use, the GAIA kept my hardwood floor in perfect condition. The reality is that optimizing my speakers in my rooms is certainly some lifelong quest. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get to the ultimate destination, but the lessons learned along the journey can only enrich it. As the science behind speaker-room interactions continues to mature, we’ll learn new things, develop new tools, and adapt methodologies.

True colours

Thus, I discussed with Morrison the possibility of reviewing some of the footers by trying them out on two sets of speakers that were currently at my home. One set were on stands; the Alta Audio FRM-2 Celesta, while the other set were a new Alta Audio floor standing model; the Alec. The internal squidgy bit in the middle of the Gaia feet means that when installed, the loudspeaker has a small amount of travel like it’s sitting on a well-damped suspension system. It doesn’t bounce like the suspension of a Linn turntable, and it doesn’t even have the freedom of movement of something like a Townshend seismic speaker platform, but if you are used to rigid speakers spiked into the floor, that slight movement might come over as disconcerting. The IsoAcoustics Gaia 2 provide an isolation platform for speakers weighting less than 55KG. An upgrade which is easy to apply and can make a dramatic difference to a wide range of speakers.

The results showed that the vibration isolation the GAIA provided was similar to the isolation with bungee cords. The cabinet vibrations of the speakers isolated with GAIA and with bungee cords resulted in a reduction in cabinet vibrations through the introduction of an absorption layer that reduced secondary reflections. Designed for floor standing speakers and subwoofers weighing up to 70 lbs (32 KG), the GAIA III will provide more openness and clarity. Structural borne noise is greatly reduced while internal reflections from the hard-supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness.Please note: TV and larger floorstanding speaker deliveries are not available to Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands, and Channel Islands.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop