A Killer in the Family: The gripping new thriller that will have you hooked from the first page

£9.9
FREE Shipping

A Killer in the Family: The gripping new thriller that will have you hooked from the first page

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Obviously, there are enough characters to keep the reader guessing and Lodge adds the right number of twists and turns right until the unexpected end.

In addition to this new case, I enjoying reading the continuing storylines involving our main group of recurring characters, DCI Jonah Sheens and his team. They have already fled, though, when they arrive to arrest them, and leave the spot with a newly bought car, heading out to Mexico. When not writing, she heads up a copywriting team at a global translation firm, where she generally tries to keep all the video-game writing to herself. And not asking for a rush on a swab from someone who admitted they were at the scene of the crime while it was all poppin off AND interacted with the corpse?The case itself involves the apparently connected deaths of two local women, both in their 40s, found on pyres of wood, leading the prospective killer to be dubbed the “Bonfire Killer. However, when his sons succeed in the jailbreak attempt, the father brings along his cell-mate, a former two time kill. When the police decide to use DNA as an investigative tool to hunt for their suspect, they find a close link to the DNA that Aisling has just uploaded. I love this series and have been holding onto this one for far too long, but as it was published in paperback this week, it seems a perfect time to join the discussion. Having spent most of my summers in and around the New Forest, a lot of the places were familiar, which really helped to bring the story to life as I could visualise everything clearly.

What if you uploaded your DNA online, but instead of finding your estranged father, you open the door to police?The other thing I didn’t like was how god damn long this book felt, for 408 pages (hardback edition) this felt like I read 500 pages. Aisling had two sons, but she told the police they are both mild mannered and would never have killed anyone, but could it have been her estranged father's blood? I will say this is a slow burn and more of a crime mystery, but once it gets about 50% in it starts to pick up .

Synopsis: When the police found the first body, left on a bonfire in the fields, they worried it had the hallmarks of a serial killer. I didn’t realize initially when I started this book that it was the fifth in the series but it read well as a standalone and I didn’t feel like I was missing any information. What I love about Gytha’s writing is how vivid the characters are, so that you know them all really well, despite their fleeting appearance in the series as a whole. However, when his sons succeed in the jailbreak attempt, the father brings along his cell-mate, a former two time killer, and soon the sons find themselves involved in the pair's murderous crime spree. Gytha Lodge is the author of She Lies in Wait, Watching from the Dark, Lie Beside Me, and Little Sister.The author’s writing style was complex, twisty, suspenseful, multidimensional, mind bending, and brilliant. It also leads to one of the most shocking moments in the whole book and I an very intrigued to see where the author can take us from here. I thought I knew what was going to happen but I didnt and was suprised throughtout this entire book! There are also a few storylines going on with multiple characters to keep it interesting and provide extra details about recurring characters to link all the books together.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop