Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water 1oz

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water 1oz

RRP: £32.80
Price: £16.4
£16.4 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Water is a versatile product with a formula that enhances its multiple uses. To help you see how it performs in each situation, I've broken my review down by purpose. For starters, “they are lightweight and good for all skin types,” says Lori Taylor Davis, the Global Lead Pro Artist at Smashbox Cosmetics. That said, many water-based formulas are oil-free and leave a matte finish, making them especially helpful for those with oily skin. (Meanwhile, silicone-based primers are your best bet if you don’t want makeup to settle into fine lines or pores.) Primers have become a staple product in many of our makeup routines and for good reason. Creating the perfect base for your makeup and working to extend wear time, primers smooth and soften the skin and allow any products you apply on top to adhere perfectly to your complexion and stay in place. Once you have cleansed your face and applied your moisturiser, the next step is putting on primer. Always before your make-up – you should see it as a base coat that's there to keep your foundation in place and looking fabulous.

While not exactly a skincare product, Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Water does have some nourishing ingredients. There’s hyaluronic acid and glycerin to help with dehydration, niacinamide to refine the look of pores, and caffeine to wake up the skin. The long-term benefits of these when applied via priming/setting spray are unclear, but they definitely contribute to the final appearance when using this mist, and a little extra nourishment doesn't hurt. Aside from your skin-type, choosing a primer all really depends on what you want out of them, because some act as a smoothing canvas whereas others give you that golden, high-shine glow. Ask yourself, do you want an evened-out base complexion or a sparkling fresh-faced shine? Does Smashbox primer clog pores? On top of that, they can amp up the rest of your routine. Not only does primer leave skin feeling soft and smooth, it can also provide a more seamless makeup application (no streaks in sight!). Some formulas can even double as a moisturizer. “They hydrate without adding an extra texture to the skin,” says Davis. She recommends applying it to the center of your face and then blending it out. Keep in mind: Your face primer should have a similar base as your foundation—so if you’re wearing a water-based foundation, a water-based primer will give you the best results and help nix pilling. The Smashbox Photo Finish Super Light primer is the perfect base for foundation Is primer applied before or after moisturiser?

Latest Eyeshadow Primer Reviews

The Photo Finish Super Light Smooth & Blur Primer is well, super light What does Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Do? Whatever your skin type, a silicone-free primer could make the perfect addition to your everyday makeup routine. We have selected six of our favourite formulas to help you find the best silicone-free primer for you. Which are the best silicone-free primers?

So you know, I’m a total facial mist h0r. I love them. I use them in the Summer after my shower to refresh my face and add moisture, I use at night prior to my skincare regime, I use them in the Winter before any skincare or makeup to allow my skincare to absorb more easily…! I love them! Oily skin? Matte will be your match. You'll want a smoothing, water-based or silicone-based primer for the best results. To prime: Let it be known that I don’t go for primers usually. I like to glow underneath my makeup, but anything too grippy or silicone-y sends me running. However, this water mist almost feels weightless and leaves the skin smooth and plump. Applying makeup afterwards was a breeze, and not once did it feel like I had a heavy, pore-clogging base. I would definitely use this again.

We tested it out using just three small pea-sized amounts on our forehead and both cheeks which was more than enough to give us a smooth base for our make-up. While makeup primer might seem like an optional makeup product—one best saved for special occasions—its unique benefits, like helping makeup last longer and creating a smooth base for application, make it worth keeping on hand for daily use. But not all primers are created equal. The best water-based primer can be a gamechanger for your makeup routine; formulated with water versus oil or silicone, it’s a great option to consider if you’re not a fan of the texture, weight, or feel of the average primer. To set: On the flip side, I am very into setting mists because when you get a good one, it gives the skin a fresh, juicy, slightly diffused appearance. This delivered on all fronts. It’s not the best I’ve ever used, but in terms of glow and that really hydrated look, it totally worked. There are loads of primers which have different purposes, with many plumping and firming collagen primers made specifically to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Every primer is designed for a specific skin type. For example, if your skin is dry, you'll want to avoid primers with a matte finish or ones that are too lightweight to give you a deep hydration. My skin is normal to combination but prone to dehydration. When it comes to makeup and the way I like my skin to look, my preference is definitely dewy (so much that it errs on the shiny side), so any makeup products that are hydrating and luminous are right up my alley. This is probably why I like setting mists so much—they add a final layer of moisture. Smashbox have a primer range to be proud of, boasting a grand total of around 12 primers, each made to meet different needs.The beauty of shopping for cult favourites is that they're available absolutely everywhere. From FeelUnique to CultBeauty and Boots, you're spoilt for choice when it comes to shopping Smashbox's Photo Finish primer. Best for: Normal, dry, and oily skin types, especially those who love a comprehensive makeup routine. The Photo Finish Primer was originally created by Smashbox to reduce the amount of time spent having to touch up beauty shots, by giving models a 'Photo Finish' before the camera had even got going. The best primers stop foundation or concealer from setting inside the lines on your face, making them less visible throughout the day – if that's filling in wrinkles, then yes, they do something like that. About the Expert: Lori Taylor Davis is a makeup artist and the Global Lead Pro Artist at Smashbox Cosmetics.

About the brand: Smashbox is a Los Angeles-based beauty brand founded by Davis Factor. Originally tested and vetted by photographers and makeup artists, it's best known for promising a standout finish every single time (and in every light). About My Skin: Dehydrated Although, you can also wear primer by itself on no-makeup days, just to give yourself a more even complexion. I think the disappointment for me stems from the fact they market as a product that restores moisture and helps retain it. I didn’t feel like it was moisturizing in the least. To me it seems like a very overpriced, mediocre facial mist!In a soft-gel formula, Smashbox's transparent primer promises that soft-focus finish, as though your skin has been airbrushed IRL – it acts as a base for you to apply your make-up, ensuring that it stays in place on your face for longer without going patchy.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop