Royal Blood

Royal Blood

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I enjoyed the mystery pervading this story's plot. Most of my thoughts surrounding it were essentially, "We know who's behind it all. Right?" Gives significant look at book. "Right????" The mystery of who's behind everything, and how they've managed to do it, kept me reading and second-guessing myself. The narrative is well-crafted to provide both mystery as well as a very enjoyable read. Intriguing glimpse into royal life is shown through the eyes of an American teen who is thrust into a life she never wanted and those who want to destroy her. Can't wait for book three to find out how Evan finds out who is behind the lies and brings peace to her life. Royal Blood is a novel that contains marvelous characters, an engaging storyline, royal agitation, intriguing mystery, a murder case and mental health awareness.

Heartbroken, Alexander had married appropriately, hoping love would follow. But a few years later, while visiting the U.S., Alexander and Laura rekindled their romance despite his marriage to Queen Helene: the result being Evangeline. As time went on, Laura began to suffer from schizophrenia, requiring treatment, and Evan was raised by her grandmother. But when her grandmother died, her father, now king and father to Evan’s half-sister, Maisie, stepped in and sent her to what would become a series of stateside boarding schools. Unhappy to be separated from her mother, Evan diligently devised ways to be expelled from each school in the hope of being sent home for good.

Success!

A curious and very fraught experience. The majority of the Royal Family have no interest in her being there, and are determined to make things hard for her. Evan doesn’t want to be there either. However, when she is implicated in the murder of a well-known friend of the Royals she has to start relying on the very people she thought hated her. I loved the new characters introduced in this book, and I hope to see more of them. (Although when it came to the fate of that one character--you'll know the one once you read the book--I was kinda devastated. I'd gotten to like that character, and I hadn't seen that particular fate coming. Well, okay, I kinda saw it coming. But still.) urn:lcp:royalblood0000aime:lcpdf:96a60f5c-8225-4708-a420-baa3eab4e81d Foldoutcount 0 Identifier royalblood0000aime Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s2tj3055j04 Invoice 1652 Isbn 9780593485897 Metasource_catalog openlibrary Ocr tesseract 5.3.0-3-g9920 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 1.0000 Ocr_module_version 0.0.21 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA409700 Openlibrary_edition As the secret American daughter of the King of England, Evan is used to keeping secrets. However, after starting a fire at her boarding school, she is sent to London to live with the royal family–a family she has never met. Instead of glamour, Evan is greeted by her half sister and the Queen who resent her existence and finds herself in the public eye after the press exposes her identity. When Evan becomes a suspect in a murder investigation, the scrutiny only escalates, and she must uncover the truth about what happened as even more scandalous secrets come to light. ❀ Enjoyable Main Character I have to say at first I was really disgusted with how Evan was treated, but I appreciated how all the characters grow throughout the book.

Thank you to Berkley Publishing Group & NetGalley for the advanced reader copy. I received this book for free, but all thoughts are my own. – SLR 🖤 As the King of England’s illegitimate daughter, 17-year-old Evan Bright knows a thing or two about keeping secrets.An entertaining and scandalous reimagining of the British royal family, Royal Blood is The Princess Diaries meets What A Girl Wants meets Gossip Girl. Fans of the aforementioned coming-of-age royal comedies will enjoy the nostalgia of a story centred on a down-to-earth American teen dumped into a stuffy institution full of rigid rules and formal etiquette. Evan has a lot in common with Mia Thermopolis and Daphne Reynolds, but she’s much more unenthusiastic about being a princess and she has regular, real world struggles too. Not only is she grappling with an estranged father, a difficult extended family and possible murder charges, she’s also struggling to maintain a relationship with her mother, whose serious mental illness has kept Evan at a distance for most of her life. Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House Children's / Delacorte Press for sharing this amazing book's digital reviewer copy with me in exchange for my honest thoughts.

Our story focuses on Evan Bright, the seventeen-year-old illegitimate daughter of Alexander, the King of England. Evan has always known who her father is, but she has no relationship with him. After an unfortunate incident at her boarding school - having been excluded from many - Evan is forced to England where her father wants her to be. Kit's involvement is also something that is at times questionable. I didn't know whether to trust him, especially when revelations came out after a bombing. Another part of me, a much larger part, wants to immediately dive into the ARC of the sequel I received from NetGalley. I want to read more of Evan's story and see what's next in store for her. I came to really like Evan and a select few of the other characters, and I absolutely enjoyed her overall journey in Royal Blood. I'm very interested to see what direction the next book heads in now that some issues have been resolved. This got me in all my soft spots, and I can't wait for more! I love Evan's character and can't wait to see more of her royal journey! This is a busy and torturous time for her. But, I loved seeing her strength and her character overcome these hard hits, even when it all felt like a lost cause. I loved the attention of what it's like for a person to recover from sexual assault. More than anything, I loved learning more about her father and her mother's relationship.She didn’t remember the details of the night because she’s been drugged but somebody is out there to do everything in his power to ruin her life! She has to find the real perpetrator to fix her reputation and in the meantime she has to find a way to bury the hatchet and learn to forgive her own father for years of neglecting.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop