You Like Me, Not My Daughter?! Vol. 1 (Manga)

£6.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

while talking about unrealistic support structures... how is every character ok with this?! Literally, there is no opposition in this story. Only your basic romcom silliness of the 2 leads bumbling around each other but again, glossing over the unique challenges this relationship could potentially create. At best the characters are only faced with 1 challenge which makes this story very linear and extremely shallow. Depth could be shown by how they created this support structure for this relationship but instead... we gloss over all of that and just sprinkle some glitter on it.

Ayako herself is a good character - she selflessly gave up her twenties to raise her niece, Miu, as her own and got Takumi along in the bargain. He’s been nursing a crush on Ayako all this time and now they he’s actually of legal age (the very notion!) he is poised to make his move. Nephewism: Ayako adopted Miu, her orphaned niece, when no one else in her family was interested in taking her in.The final few volumes introduce a love triangle that adds some much needed drama to the work. While i wont spoil it here, what starts out feeling forced or shoehorned in and out of character eventually culminates into one of the most satisfying “confession” chapters i’ve read in quite some time, which retroactively reveals all of the players here were actually following their hearts and true to their characterizations. Its quite cathartic, and elevates the entire work from the genericness it had been suffering from.

LOS ANGELES, January 12, 2022) – Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of the manga series You Like Me, Not My Daughter?! by Kota Nozomi, Tesshin Azuma, and Giuniu. A beautiful mother, a pining tutor, and romantic hijinks await in this hot mom romcom! There is a good story here. The premise, that a young man finds an older woman attractive and wants to win her over, is not bad and certainly unique enough by virtue of legality. There are some decent jokes - I love the way that everybody (literally everybody) already knows about Takumi’s intentions towards Ayako, for example.Popping Buttons: Ayako's ample breasts cause the button (and then the safety pin she replaced it with) on her Love Kaiser costume to pop off. In chapter 11, this happen again with a school uniform that was Miu's during a contest with her boss over who "looks off". A bit Justified since she is younger and they have completely different body types with Miu being thin while Ayako's bust is impressively large Miu is fully supportive of Takkun and her mom getting together, more so than Ayako herself. Takkun's parents are also supportive, as Takkun's feelings for Ayako prompted him to better himself throughout his life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop