Booby Moon: A weaning book for toddlers. Creating magic, wonder and ritual for a more joyful experience for all

£3.995
FREE Shipping

Booby Moon: A weaning book for toddlers. Creating magic, wonder and ritual for a more joyful experience for all

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

In the same way that the Tooth Fairy makes children happy about their teeth falling out, looking forward to seeing Booby-milk-magic fly away to Booby Moon can give the same wondrous joy to a weaning toddler. Book features an illustration of a mother cuddling her toddler to sleep instead of nursing them at night (bed-sharing).

Booby Moon, inspired by both Indigenous storytelling and Western mythology like the Tooth Fairy, uses a simple rhyming format to prepare toddlers – and parents – for this monumental milestone. I thought some of the book might have had an effect on him, but I did not expect such an immediate and magical change. Using the 'Booby Moon' story was such an easy and beautiful experience that it needs to be shared with parents around the world. As a teen, Bobby enjoyed writing lyrics, and found a number of bands employing his words for their compositions. His first full length solo recording Private Message, is now available on the Selfish Recordings label.

Studies show the practice of ritual during times of loss alleviates grief, makes us feel closer to our families and helps us to say goodbye. As in Reid’s real life, the mum and toddler in the book mark the occasion, on the night of the toddler’s birthday, by having one last feed before releasing a glow-in-the-dark helium balloon, thanking the milk and waving goodbye as it floats away. The author includes very detailed information in the back of the book with suggestions on how to go about the process.

Still, I found this book to be a sweet idea for a weaning ritual in a culture that lacks any such thing to provide closure for those who have chosen to breastfeed into the toddler years. He still asked for it occasionally but whenever he did we reminded him of how we had let it go and there were no complaints, no pleading, no tears.

The back section of Booby Moon contains kind, insightful guidance for using the book to facilitate weaning. Thomas and Moon formed a band, Life After Death, in the mid-1980s, which enjoyed a torrid, brief career; flirting with major labels, releasing a four-song EP on vinyl, and even making a music video. I'll admit, while I was excited to give reading the book a go, I had a healthy amount of skepticism about how much it would help.I think this book could be really great for moms who want to end breastfeeding at a specific point in time.

The ritual aspect of the Booby Moon process helps mother and toddler find an easeful acceptance for Booby Milk going away - with the child seeing the magic leave with their own eyes.

Maybe we’ll have a party and release a magical balloon; maybe we’ll just talk about how he doesn’t need milk anymore, “Like the toddler in Booby Moon!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop