Fireborn: Twelve and the Frozen Forest: The extraordinary first book in the thrilling new children’s fantasy series: Book 1

£6.495
FREE Shipping

Fireborn: Twelve and the Frozen Forest: The extraordinary first book in the thrilling new children’s fantasy series: Book 1

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Aisling Fowler wishes that she’d grown up in a magical, mountainous kingdom, but was actually raised on a diet of books and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Set in the snowy northern forests of an imagined prehistoric world, Fireborn is Fowler’s middle-grade debut. As I mentioned previously there are a tonne of different magical creatures, many of which are referred to from a “Magical Bestiary” which gives lots of information about them including how dangerous they are and how to fight them. I really liked this and loved learning about the different creatures, some of which I have never read of anything similar to before so it was all very imaginative and fun! Some of the creatures sounded ridiculously scary to me, like the Deathspinner! I definitely would not want to meet one of those!

It's strange actually because I don't remember ever deciding to write fantasy in the same way I don't remember deciding I'd write middle-grade rather than YA or for adults. Both just felt like a natural fit. I did love reading fantasy as a child and when I think about what my absolute favourites were, they do tend to have magic in them. That must have stayed with me and slipped into my own writing.The plot was so brilliant becasue it was fast-paced and well written becasue I was engaged throughout the entire book and wanted to keep reading to find out what was going to happen! The different stages of the book were split up brilliantly and it flowed so well for the reader. And the ending was so incredible and tension-filled, which meant that all the reveals and everything that went down had me on the edge of my seat. It was just so much fun to read and I hope that there is a sequel coming soon because I desperately want to know what is going to happen to the Hunters and Twelve after the events of this book. When Seven another of the Huntlings go missing during a training session the race is on to find her. She's been kidnapped by goblins and for what reason nobody knows. The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have...

Twelve is a fantastic character, and I really enjoyed her character arc. Twelve is complex, flawed,sometimes cruel, has aggressive outbursts and is completely socially incompetent, due to the fact that she cuts off those around her. Twelve and the Frozen Forest was such an exciting and riveting read! At turns exciting, funny and heart-wrenchingly sad, it marks the introduction of an incredible new voice in children’s fiction. From talking trees to goblins, there are a host of magical creatures in this world. Each corner, crevice, creature and character has a purpose in this world, and Fowler’s ability to immerse readers is fresh and inviting. Aisling Fowler's debut Fireborn, inspired by a computer game, has just been published. Aisling's love of stories started when she was small and would read anything she could get her hands on. Often, she'd make up stories and write them down. But it wasn't until she was training as a nurse that she rediscovered her love of writing. The perfect balance of high adventure, breathless action and eerie wonder’ Jonathan Stroud, author of the Bartimaeus trilogy The plot revolves around a quest/mystery premise which works well, and I have to say. I didn’t guess what was coming at all. I am not going to go into the plot too much as I don’t wasnt to spoil the joy of discovering it for yourself.Twelve should not be anywhere near the Forbidden Forest. After all, she’s a Huntling, not Blooded, still in training. However when a break-in at the Hunting Lodge left its walls penetrated and fellow student, Seven, stolen, Twelve was spurred into action. It’s not as though Seven is her friend. After all, Seven’s pathetic, a useless hunter, reviled and friendless. Not that Twelve bothers about friends. Yet there’s something in Seven’s kindness, in her gentle face, that reminds Twelve of Poppy. However Twelve does not want to remember Poppy, and all thoughts of home and before, are forbidden…

I absolutely loved Fireborn. Such a cinematic journey in both the literal and emotional sense! I cannot wait to read what happens next' L. D. Lapinski, author of The Strangeworlds Travel Agency This is really hard as I love all my supporting characters! If you pushed me, it would probably be Widge or Dog though. My favourite magical character would be a particular monster that Twelve meets. I won't say any more as I don't want to give away any spoilers though . . .But when the Lodge’s walls are breached for the first time, and a little girl is taken, Twelve is the only one interested in going after a child . . . Fireborn was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and it lived up to every single expectation I had and more! Full of adventure and magic this beautiful middle grade is such a captivating story. I can't wait for my kids to read it and they have patiently been waiting for me to finish 🤣

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop