My Brain Has Too Many Tabs Open: Untangle Your Relationship with Tech - Revised and Updated

£9.9
FREE Shipping

My Brain Has Too Many Tabs Open: Untangle Your Relationship with Tech - Revised and Updated

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The issue of “sharenting” and how ethical it is to share pictures of your children online since they cannot consent to this sharing? More than 81% of children have an online presence by the age of 2 👼🏽 What are you willing to lose for a connected life? Digital detox expert Tanya Goodin explores the cost that our digital life inflicts on our offline existence, and offers a toolkit to anyone who has lost their way.

Move – Physical activity releases feel good chemicals called endorphins which reduce the perception of pain. So step away from your desk and stretch, take a walk in nature and get moving.Movement distracts you and gives your brain a break from the open tabs.Goodin’s book is made up of anonymised accounts of people she has worked with throughout her career, from children in schools to bosses in the workplace and even Uber drivers! There are 24 stories in total, divided into the three sections of ‘ Loving’, ‘Living’ and ‘Learning‘ to represent the different areas of our lives which the digital world has infiltrated. They are titled with the conversation-starting vocabulary we often use here at Time To Log Off, highlighting the realities of these oft-discussed tropes such as ‘phubbing’ (snubbing someone for your phone) or ‘sharenting’ (over-sharing your children on social media). After each narrative follows diagnostic guides, data and practical advice for improving habits. Seriously though, we all know the health benefits being physically active can have on our bodies. And these translate equally to the brain. I’m no sportswoman, but I know there is power in getting physical. You don’t need to don the lycra, just move in some way — e.g. stand up from your desk and stretch, walk outside (maybe try a 1 meditation in the fresh air!), or plan to exercise in whatever way excites you (run, bike, yoga, pilates, crossfit etc). Complete with diagnostic guides to tell-tale signs and a manifesto for improved digital citizenship, this habit-improving bible offers the conversation-starting vocabulary we so desperately need to understand and untangle our relationship with technology for a more humane world.

It isn't just about feeling like we're getting things done. Keeping various tabs open also works as a protection against boredom, according to Metro. Having dozens of tabs open allows us to pretend we’re always doing something, or at least that we always have something available to do.

ON TROLLING

Her book offers attainable and realistic ways to reduce technology use and alleviate the burdens it can place on us as individuals and on our relationships. It never felt patronising either, which is important, because who wants to be patronised? Digital wellbeing is a subject that spans all generations and it’s one of the subjects I get asked to speak the most about in my work in workplaces and schools. The issues in the book therefore span the whole age spectrum; from technoference and sharenting which are issues for families and parents; to catfishing and phadultery for those dating or in relationships; to digital death for those dealing with the loss of a family member of loved one. It is mostly introductory so it’s worth reading through the sections that interest you and potentially using additional resources to delve in further. If you want to change your relationship with tech, this book is a good choice - it is accessible and easy to consume. Split into three sections: loving, living and learning, the book briefly covers all the major technology dilemmas/issues confronting us in the modern world. Published in 2021, it also references the challenges that the pandemic threw at us in terms of technology (zoom fatigue among them). Digital Legacies – before the end of the century there could be 4.9 billion deceased internet users, yet only 7% of us want our online profiles maintained after death;

The book itself contains the stories of people I have worked with over the past decade and helped them untangle their relationship with tech. I tell their individual stories and then I explain which issue is a particular problem for them. Some of the topics include: Take the to-do list out of your head – put it on paper or electronic notes, make a list. It is easier to visualize what needs to be done.

ON FAKE NEWS

Make a Top 3 -Do the must get done at the beginning of each day when you are fresh and energized.Then prioritise the rest accordingly. Take Bieber’s advice “ Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself” and send some self-love and kindness in your direction. Whilst frenzied workdays and long hours may not be in your control, you can control how you respond to them. Adopting the above tips can bring some mental relief and reset your ability to focus on what’s most important and which tabs to keep open. Take a Mindful moment – 3 deep breathes will take around one minute. This allows the brain a moment to pause which can create an opportunity to clear your mind and refocus.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop