Fix the System, Not the Women

Fix the System, Not the Women

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Black women are four times as likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth in the UK, yet rarely see themselves represented in campaigns to reach out to expectant mothers. Fix the System, Not the Women is an attempt to highlight “the interlocking systems of domination that define our reality” – and to pull apart the myth that women are complicit in our own oppression. Nggak sampai 200 halaman yang sekiranya bisa dilahap untuk membuka wawasan kita terhadap ketimpangan gender. Investigado, con testimonios, citas textuales, FTSNTW es un libro que expone los prejuicios y las violencias sistemáticas dentro del sistema Británico y sus instituciones (de seguridad, educativas, políticas, medios de comunicación, etc. maybe you don’t know all the statistics but you are more than aware of all the systemic issues as they have happened to you and you have learned to live with them of course your not shocked!

Vooral een inzending voor The Everyday Sexism Project greep me aan, een oudere vrouw die zich verontschuldigde: zij had al die grensoverschrijdende incidenten getolereerd, ze was stil gebleven. Hundreds already exist, “ignored and unused” in reports and campaign materials of feminist and civil rights organisations. people seem to be saying it’s not a good book as it’s nothing they didn’t already know but as woman of course we already know it, it is us, it is how we live what could you possibly read that was something you didn’t already know.

Kali ini pilihanku jatuh kepada buku barunya Laura Bates yang berjudul Fix the System, Not the Women. Bates also reminds us that if we want to tackle oppression in one sphere, we need to be aware of its overlap with others. Whichever way anyone looks at this, this is yet another misogynistic method of exerting control over women's lives.

EducationPoliticsMediaPolicingCriminal justice Combining stories with shocking evidence, Fix the System, Not the Women is a blazing examination of sexual injustice and a rallying cry for reform.

There are still injustices towards women that are raped, assaulted or even murdered by a male, and these injustices are sometimes entirely justified by the fact the person was a female. It was hard to read the lists of everyday sexism the author and other women received and to realise that I was right along with them. But the most rousing sections of the book are on male violence and the burden on women to keep themselves safe. At first I felt like I was already familiar with the material that was covered jn this but then I realised, it’s probably because Laura Bates is very much the OG on a lot of the content we hear discussed elsewhere - to say she’s across her subject is an understatement and I felt like she was able to include many other considerations and cultures in her argument through her own wide angle lens.

Maybe the lady is from a different generation and those who she collected data from (experiences) but a lot of the things didn't seem to be common in my generation, maybe they were flattened. The fact that only a quarter of the Cabinet are women might just explain why working mothers lost their jobs at far higher rates than fathers during the Covid-19 pandemic, and new mothers were forced to give birth alone while pubs were allowed to open. However, I have no doubt there’ll be misogynist on day release from the cesspit of the manosphere ready to spew their vitriol.She has written for the Guardian, the Independent, the New Statesman, Red Magazine and Grazia among others. Big Caesars and Little Caesars : How They Rise and How They Fall - From Julius Caesar to Boris Johnson. The saga of Boris Johnson and Brexit frequently crops up in this author's narrative as a vivid, if Lilliputian instance of the same phenomenon.

Listing fact after devastating fact that will be all too familiar to the female reader, Fix the System Not the Women makes for a tough read. If any woman has felt uncertain as to whether or not her feelings of being put second in society, undermined and isolated by society, then this book helps you to understand that your feelings are founded in bias towards men. Real change needs to happen, and it’s not our fault as women if this does not happen fast, it’s the system and the hierarchy of this that need to take note and make action. Even if it makes you rage and scream and shout at all the inequalities women are subjected to repeatedly, it still instills a hope: that by making our voices heard, by never giving up in the face of adversities, we will prevail and receive, once and for all, access to equal rights.Combining stories with shocking evidence, Fix the System, Not the Women is a blazing examination of sexual injustice and a rallying cry for reform. Disabled women are twice as likely to suffer domestic abuse, but just one in 10 spaces in refuges is accessible to those with physical disabilities. Zwaar omdat het herkenbaar is, omdat je het eigenlijk al wel weet en nu opeens alles bij elkaar wordt voorgeschoteld.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop